Click for Perko Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn

Are you a SportFish fan? Name this!

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by YachtForums, Oct 17, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I spotted this beauty on the intracoastal in Ft. Lauderdale. The tower was SO tall, I couldn't get the entire thing in the picture. I spoke with the owner while we were underway. I thought some of our sportfish fans would enjoy seeing this. Do you know who built it?

Attached Files:

2. Mike M

Mike M New Member

Its a Landeweer called Snow Goose. One of the most beautiful sport fishing boats around. I believe it is aluminum.
    After lurking for a while, i decided to sign up...Excellent site.
    Mike M
  3. YachtForums

You are absolutely correct!! Welcome aboard!! :)
  4. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

MMMMMMM.....NICE!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. 84far

84far Senior Member

hang on.... wasnt snowgoose a 78' garlington landeweer design, built by mcmullen & wing in NZ. for one the boat in the photo has the wrong windows for a landeweer, and when have they put portholes on the hull... and most of there sheers have a step in it, bar one that i know of (45'-ish yellow hull)...

i am refering to a Garlington Landeweer if thats the same as a Landeweer

correct me if im wrong please...

http://www.mcmullenandwing.com/snowgoose3.htm

far:D
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

This is an old memory and I could be wrong, but I think 84far is correct and I believe she docks straight behind from her bow in that picture.
  7. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

I tell you, what ever the make I do not know all I can tell you is she is beautiful!
  8. RER

RER Senior Member

Mike M is correct
  9. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

I think I'm in love.

Eyes meet across a crowded marina and there she was. I'll admit it there is a height difference but we can work around that.

Sweet.
  10. Manny

Manny Senior Member

That is one beautiful boat! :cool:
  11. YachtForums

..... :D
  12. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

It is owned by the Garlington family, first the father and now his sons. (The owners of Garlington Landeweer). They have owned it since they built it new and it was origionally run by Mike Ardito for many many years. I think it was built around 1990. Cookie-too (another boat) has a tower similar to that one and is a revenge.

I stepped on the boat in Bimini back in '99 when Mike was still running it, its just as nice inside and does indeed dock right near where the picture was taken.
  13. 84far

84far Senior Member

RER, have u got any more info than that? im just a little interested thats all.

hahaha! FISHTIGUA u crack me up

i tell u what, that hull does look very nice, they havent over done the flare, the sheer is fantastic to. mmmmm nice
  14. 84far

84far Senior Member

Capt J, thats what i was after.

cheers

far
  15. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

While the boat looks nice, the tower is ugly IMHO.
  16. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

When I gave tours I'd always point it out as the tallest tower I'd ever seen. Personall, I like the look...as long as I don't have to be up there in a rolling sea:eek: .
  17. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

How can you call that ugly?

It does what it says on the tin, it's a Tuna Tower. Probably a Pipewelder's one that is the best in the biz. Just right.

All in the eye of the beholder.
  18. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Not anywhere in proportion to the vessel; makes it look like it's on the wrong boat and it looks like it'll snap off any minute. Puts more strain on most every part of the vessel. If it was just right then I guess it would be the industry standard- but it's not for many reasons.
  19. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

If you have a 78' Garlington you want it to be noticed. If you're the Garlington family it's your show piece so you definitely want it to be noticed. As for it being too much strain on the boat, it's been up there for at least 15 years so I think the boat is handling it. That said, yes of course it is out of proportion and you wouldn't get me up there in a rolling sea on a bet. It's there to show off one gorgeous boat that will probably never leave the family.
  20. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

That boat was built during an era when it was the latest thing to have such a super tall Tuna tower. The Gina Lisa (65' Monterey 1991), Cookie Too ('58 Revenge) and many others from that era have a outlandishly tall Tuna Tower like that. It was a fad that came and went. I personally don't like it and it didn't last through the times. Neither did those Ugly Marlin towers where you stood on top of the FB hardtop of the same era.