Click for Cross Click for Westport Click for Llebroc Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking

Apreamare

Discussion in 'Unique, Custom or New Yachts' started by jesid123, Apr 9, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. jesid123

jesid123 New Member

I'm looking at a 2001 Apreamare 9 meter with twin VM Motori diesels. Has anybody had any experience with these boats?
  2. Xlantic

Xlantic New Member

I had a 1996 Apreamare 9 with twin VM diesels. I had the boat for about 5 years before upgrading.

I was very happy with it and had no issues.

They are beautiful boats, well made and with classic looks which helps them keep their value.
  3. jesid123

jesid123 New Member

Hi. Thanks for the reply. They are unique and very beautiful but very rare in US waters so I wasn't familiar with the line. I will post a pic if we end up buying it.
  4. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Keep their value? I don't think an "orphan" brand has any history of keeping value in a large resale market.
    I know of a boat in Australia which could not be sold due to it's "uniqueness".
    Many understand quality in design, build and utility. Yet that rarely translates to re-sale value when there is no benchmark to judge by.
    Tread very carefully before you buy this brand because you may end up owning it for a very long time, unless of course the pain of initial outlay has been absorbed by the earlier buyer.
  5. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

It's not just the brand that is unique, the boat as well. It may be very appealing to you and, if so, that's great. I wouldn't go into any purchase of a boat thinking it's resale value was very high. The common boats then it becomes there are too many of them priced all over the place. The unique boat it becomes a situation where it doesn't appeal to a broad group.