Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger

Anyone know This Oceanfast 87'

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Danvilletim, Apr 11, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Danvilletim

Danvilletim Senior Member

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Signature Bannenberg design. It's lived most of its life in Lauderdale. Every time I've seen it, it was at Bradford. Very unique boat! Also been for sale for a very long time, but that wouldn't scare me away. Great lineage, plus a recent refit. 1.5m is a bargain! Oceanfast was built in Australia. If I recall - and my memory is sketchy on this - the president of the yard was Richard Hein, who went on to found Oceanco? (corrections encouraged). Unsure on hull, but if it's the same subsurface design as the first few Oceanco's, they tended to plow.

Again, good lineage. Anything Bannenburg could become collectable.

Sister ship...
    https://www.yachtforums.com/threads/oceanfast-never-say-never.2610/
  3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I am not sure Bannenberg is behind this but it is for sure inspired by him and he also had a part in Oceanfast in the 90:s. About Richard he had the A-group in Monaco before heading Oceanco, and later Vega yachts. Don't think he was with Oceanfast..?
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Thanks for the clarification Lars. Not sure why I’m recalling an association between Hein and Oceanfast. It was a long time ago!
  5. Danvilletim

Danvilletim Senior Member

The boat had a w5 700 hours ago. How long is this good for? Next service level