Click for Cross Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for MotorCheck

Anyone know this boat?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by randy101, Jun 27, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

One comment I have to make is that determining the waterline for any vessel, new build or retrofit, is indeed an exact science. Having done numerous vessels, with and without lines plans available, the projects I have worked on have always been able to paint the waterline pre-launch and float exactly as modeled / predicted. This is for powerboats from 19' to 128'. It takes diligence and attention to detail from the entire team of builders/engineers/craftsman and the owners.

There are only excuses when the design waterline is off, a clear sign that a commitment to excellence has not been observed by all the stakeholders during the entire process. The easiest way to monitor a one-off new design is to build the entire project on load scales, with frequent up-dates on the predicted design waterline and monitoring of the inevitable scope creep. This function should be in included in any new build spec.
  2. SConnett

SConnett New Member

Does anyone know what happened to "Asset Trader"? I believe she was sold last year but the trail goes cold from there. I ask because I work in Search and Rescue, and an EPIRB associated with the boat activated without a position or updated registration information.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Check Mount Trashmore near Black Point for your EPRIB (South Dade Landfill).
    I remember racing down a signal years ago (many) working for SeaTow. Thought I was going to be a hero till I ran out of water. Then looked up and there it was,, Mt Trashmore..
  4. SConnett

SConnett New Member

I sure do know that EPIRB long term storage facility well. That one and the multitude of other landfills in our District. Sometimes a little digging on our part actually helps us find EPIRBS that alert without providing a positions. Thanks.