Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn

Any prop discounters?

Discussion in 'Props, Shafts & Seals' started by JWY, Feb 14, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. JWY

JWY Senior Member

I need one Michigan prop but model is hard to find so probably need to get two: 5 blade 27 x 29 NiBrAl.

F&J gave a price but am looking to see if there's a discount prop shop somewhere. Btw, I wasn't driving. But going to Miami Boat Show, pulling in at Haulover, a barge had run into a channel marker and shoved it into shallow water. The following boats also went aground. We notified USCG but nonetheless need new props.

Thanks for any leads.

Judy
  2. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

You need to include the shaft size, could you use a temporary set and get the originals repaired at F&J?
    Look at Boats and Harbors online for a quick check on the propeller surplus market.
  3. Caltexflanc

Caltexflanc Senior Member

4. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Was that Four Seasons...?
    I saw it go down the New River a few days before the Railroad Bridge closing.
  5. JWY

JWY Senior Member

Thanks for the leads. I subscribe to Boats & Harbors but did't think to check there.

Yes, Norseman, she was on her way to the boat show. Lucky she's so stout as the only damage was to the prop.
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I took two different yachts to the Miami Boat Show and had zero issues with Haulover ICW. The water color is so clear there that anyone that can read water color should have zero issues getting through there even though the channel was 50' wide for about 150',it was still over 10' deep through the entire section, it's totally apparent where the deep water is. You can also cut through and go West between the red at the North end of that area and the other red North of it, and go all of the way west to close to the seawall, follow that South to the marked channel South of the spoil island back to the ICW and miss that section completely and no issue with 6' of draft ever.....or possibly more.....
  7. JWY

JWY Senior Member

Frank & Jimmies did a great job on reconditioning the prop. We were spinning our wheels (pun intended) in locating a new prop to match the undamaged one and seems we needed to order 2 new ones. So F & J saved us mega-boatbucks.