Click for Walker Click for Furuno Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport Click for Glendinning

Any Manuals out there?

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by Blane Tatum, Jun 26, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Blane Tatum

Blane Tatum New Member

How Nae Nae happened upon this thread we will never know... She was trying to find pictures of '73 - 33' Viking and the forum popped up...

We are now the owners of the '73 - 33' Viking... (Formerly owned by another member)

It has been through two more owners with repairs started but far from completed...

It has survived a major storm and a category 5 Hurricane with minor damage...

We purchased it (extremely cheap), knowing full well it will have to be gutted and rebuilt with 'New engines' and interior, including wiring and plumbing etc...
    This by far is the most extensive rebuild I have taken on, and i know it will take a year or more before completion...

It came with Mercruiser 350's , found a dealer with marine 383 Strokers ... (I will change to the Strokers)...

Diesels would be nice, but with the overall costs we are looking at, we are going back (close to) as originally designed...

The Transmissions will be rebuilt (Borg-Warner velvet drives) ...

The boat was inspected and was found to be in sound condition (hull wise) (rebuilding from the stringers up)
    Props and shafts were replaced previously (never turned an ounce of water since replacement), along with new Bow railing, Bimini top and frame...

It sits in a slip in a fresh water river (which is a plus)...

We are in for the long haul... beginning the interior removal this weekend (not much left...)

I've found pic's online, but you name it and it's been removed... freshwater tank, grey water tank, toilet, sink hoses, wiring, galley ... all gone...(I know i'm crazy for doing this... but the vessel is a good looking boat, and i like restoring stuff...(giving myself two years to fully complete)

Plans are to get it where we can overnight on her and do things on the weekends... ft has been gutted to the bulk head (stringers and all) removing it and moving into the engine compartment this week end... Then starting back rebuilding the stringers and working my way to the stern.

Anyone know where to locate any manuals (service or owners) on this vessel ? (if there are any)

I have figured out where the fresh water and grey water tanks were but not the waste tank (if there even was one..)

Please advise...
    Also...
    Prayers needed... :)