Click for Abeking Click for Cross Click for Comfort Click for Westport Click for Delta

Another rant about bad designs

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Pascal, Oct 10, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Speaking of bilge pumps, one of the best thIng i bought a few years back is an automatic 120v rule pump. I think the one i have is 2000 gph if not more. It s great to dewater any compartment or tender. Being automatic (tries running every two minutes) it can esily be temporarily used if a DC pump as failed or if additinal capacity may be needed. The power cord is extra long to reach any outlet.

I would not own or run a boat without one on board
  2. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

I have a 120 V portable dewatering pump, Yacht being Aluminum I id not want to wire 120 V to a potentially submerged pump on a permanent basis.
  3. baltimore bob

baltimore bob Member

Rule switches have been junk for years. The last good ones they made had mercury bulbs in them.
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I was working on a lil ship years ago. Every now and then I would hear a quick sound. Drove me crazy till I was about to deliver the boat and was cleaning out the bilges.
    There it was. This big rule pump and about every few minutes it made a whirl sound. Boat had two of them.
    I really enjoyed my rum that nite,,, I was not getting messages from Mars.