Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Northern Lights Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker

Another missing boat

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by olderboater, Dec 31, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscarvan

Oscarvan Senior Member

No they don't. Tell Pascal though...... he started it, again.
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Excuse me??? what the hell did I start?? I just stated the obvious that 20 pax in a 29 mako is almost certainly a smuggling job

Heck? I even ignored the lunatic “trumper” comment
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

What it added was morality. There have been several attempts to turn this thread into racist, anti-immigrant rant rather than what it is, a tragedy at sea, and I called it out. IF this was desperate people trying to survive their world (and that's not been established) how bad must that world be to put them on such a boat in such conditions? What would you do if you were that desperate? God rest their souls.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Illegal immigrants are just THAT, ILLEGAL. Many times they're escaping their world, because they're a wanted criminal in it. Either way it does not justify them creating a felony and entering our country. But that's not here nor there. I cannot think of any other reason that 20 people would be stupid enough to climb into a 29' Mako and cross the gulf stream. That size boat is considerably overloaded, not even just a little, considerably. That being said, it is still a tragic loss of life.
  5. Dobeck

Dobeck New Member

As a passive reader of this forum and someone who doesn't have a horse in the fight, I'm amazed at how many threads you guys manage to **** up with your bullshit. It's a real shame, because I respect the knowledge and experience you guys have.
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Correct it's neither here nor there and irrelevant to the thread but you and others still managed to insert your propaganda. I can think of many reasons 20 people would cram that boat, and none of them good. Just look at raftups at Halover for examples. There's no shortage of stupid people, in fact probably as many as desperate people if not more.
  7. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

I bet you really, really wanted to say something about it..:cool:
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Standing in a 29' CUDDY CABIN mako to cross the gulf stream to Bimini? There isn't even a place for 20 people to stand on that boat, let alone bring luggage to go on vacation in it. We're not talking about idling 20 minutes to get to the sandbar.
  9. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

The fact is we know nothing and once again the thread has been hijacked by conjecture and will likely soon be closed down. I should be use to getting threads destroyed and shut down now. Don't know why I even wasted time starting it. Oh, I know. I was concerned about the lives of 20 people.
  10. leeky

leeky Senior Member

I thought your message was worth repeating, but I'm pretty sure the talking heads have their blinders on and their self-righteousness at max.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.