Click for Furuno Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service

Amphibitruck

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by NYCAP123, Feb 18, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

2. YES!

YES! Senior Member

Sand Tires

The Phibian will be fibbin' unless it has a boat ramp in the first responder scenario. The pictured narrow wheels with that amount of weight will never make it across a beach head, 4 wheel drive or not.

Just my opinion....I could be wrong.....
  3. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I have a lot of sand driving experience and tend to agree that if this thing is heavy it will struggle in soft sand even with air lockers and low tyre pressure.

I guess it's overall performance however will depend upon the sand/mud it is used on.

The drive-ability of a beach can vary greatly in a few yards.
  4. YES!

YES! Senior Member

Good point, K1W1......it would probably be fine on Daytona Beach; of course, so is my 57 Chevy...... ;-)

As pictured, they will have a problem on anything other than hard pack; and when they put on the requisite sized tires, a refit of the wheel wells will be required.

But all in all, a good idea, especially since our Gov't will buy it "As Is." The truck guys will say "great", the boat guys will say "OK" and no one will connect the terrain between the two. Seen it a hundred times.