Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn

All round boat protection????

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by denzil, Jun 7, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. denzil

denzil New Member

Recently at Palma boat show i was sold a new product that's on the market called 'Permanon.' Apparantly, being negatively charged, it bonds to a positively charged boat (or is it the other way round?) and as dirt and water is also negatively charged it enduces the lotus effect and repels water/dirt etc. The main selling point though is that it gives UV protection and theoretically your gelcoat will never discolour meaning no more waxing as this product also gives a shine. Also, it's claimed that after application to a clean (fat free) boat marks like exhaust discharge etc will simply wipe off. Also claimed is that all dirt will wipe off due the product having the same charge.
    There are similar products i think but not that give UV protection. Oh, and also it's PH 7 unlike other acid based products.
    Apparantly lasts weeks before recoating is needed.... i've got a self mixing spray bottle and it cost me $40. Should be able to get 3-4 applications onto a 74' boat i hope (1 year.)
    It can be applied to stainless, glass, and gelcoat.
    It won a product innovation award last year in a German boating mag.

So....
    Full UV protection
    Lotus effect on water
    dirt repelling
    PH 7
    Multi surface protection for weeks

Sounds a bit good to be true if you ask me but i'm willing to give it a go. Sounds like i'm trying to sell this stuff but am just relaying details as described.

I'll be testing it this week and will post findings if anyone's intrested.
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I think EVERYONE will be interested. Look forward...