Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta Click for Cross Click for Abeking

Aft bilge pump lets water in?!

Discussion in 'Cabo Yacht' started by Jrms80, Nov 28, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

The rule super switch, or any rule switches build in the last 10 years are worthless. I redid all my bilge pump system 5 years ago with 5 new 3700s, rule switches, new wiring, new alarm panel etc. I have already replaced 2 of the switches, one of which burned one of the pump by constantly sending some low voltage to the pump

the only switches I use now are ultra switches. Yes they’re almost three times the price but worth it. Some of them are 15 years old on the lazzara 110 I run and still working great
  2. SplashFl

SplashFl Active Member

Been using these for well over a decade after learning all the "big name" ones were crap. Made here in Florida and when the oem vessel wires were different then the paperwork diagrams that came with the Ultra Switch, a call to the company brought the owner on to quickly trouble shoot. Not cheap but IMO worth it.
  3. mapism

mapism Senior Member

I'm not sure if/how easily you can find them in the US, but these folks build some bulletproof diaphragm pump for nautical applications.
    Short of bricks, they can suck just about anything from bilges - or holding tanks, whatever.
    Capacity of the attached models goes from 400 to 1900 GPH, but they may build also larger ones, IDK.

Of course they are larger/heavier/more expensive than those Rule toys, because, well, toys they are not.
    But as opposed to submersible pumps (in reply also to CJ comment), they can be placed wherever convenient, routing just a hose with its suction strainer to the bilge bottom.
    Being fully self-priming, they will pick up to the last drop of water regardless of placement.

The switches topic instead was already debated in this old thread, just in case anyone is interested.

Attached Files:

• FEIT.pdf
      File size:
      511.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Capt Maritime

Capt Maritime Member

Must have been a design change between 2005 and 2008 hulls switching the discharges from the stern quarters to the transom.
  5. Capt Maritime

Capt Maritime Member

I have seen those "Ultra Switches" on many commercial ships I have worked on. Very simple and it looks like they have brackets to hook right onto the bilge pump they are servicing. Thanks for the info on those float switches.
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Sorry my friend, I read American (south/eastern). That PDF does nothing for me.
  7. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

IMO, they are a great switch, just leaves more water in the bilge. Kind of counter to the thread?
  8. mapism

mapism Senior Member

More details are available in their website, of which there's also the EN version.
    And according to which, Maritime Diesel Electric in Tamarac is one of their distributors.

BTW, they just announced also a cable reel system, though I guess it'll be hard for them to compete with Glendinning in their home Country...