Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport

Ady Gil (Earthrace) Sunk By Japanese Whalers

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Time, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henning

Henning Senior Member

No, it's more like being the repo man, and another repo man comes to take the car off of your lot, and in Texas, I can shoot him and not spend more than an hour at the Sheriffs station making a statement.

He's not trying to annoy, he is using violent and illegal methods to inflict economic loss.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Um, Texas happens to lead the nation in # and speed of executions. I'd be real careful about shooting people there. And his methods apparently haven't been found to be illegal.
  3. Henning

Henning Senior Member

You consider boarding vessels on the high seas without permission, ramming vessels on the high seas, and boarding vessels and sinking them not to be illegal? OK....

They just aren't prosecuted by the Japanese. The Japanese are just treating them as the annoying neighbor which you talk about. I promise you if the French were whaling, the French Navy would be there with a Man-o-War to sink them.

Don't try to paint Paul and the Sea Sheppard crews to be something they are not. They are criminals, they just happen to be popular criminals targeting "evil villains". That does not give them in my mind the right to go crying to mommy "but...but...but...HE TRIED TO KILL ME!!! Throw him in prison! Kill him!"

Texas law allows you killing the repo (or anyone else trying to steal your property) man on your land
  4. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Testosterone

A rhetorical question here as this thread descends to macho silliness:

Have either or any of you seen a person shot/killed or fired a gun in anger.

It's getting to a stage where it reads more suited to the "Village People" MERCENERY site!

It is about what is important to the people on this site:
    Yachting
    Oceans
    Anything related to the water and BOATING
    Conserving this incredible environment including Whales and the creatures that make the water LIVE rather than being a cesspool of our waste and stupdity.

All due respects to you guys, cut the macho crap. Even Paul Watson might be embarrased
  5. Henning

Henning Senior Member

I have seen shot up bodies in the street in Somalia and Haiti. In PauPrince I watched the security forces sweep the barge for stowaways and drag them off and shoot them on the dock. I have never fired a weapon in anger, only defense.

The point is that SSF commit acts which technically open them up to being killed, so they shouldn't be whining to the law about "He tried to kill us, arrest him" when they precipitated the event. THEY are playing the macho part but are showing to be whiny pussies.
  6. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Just to say...

Henning,
    I said RHETORICAL for a very good reason, we all have a story and those that do not, well, they will make one up. I actually did not want an answer, just wanted to say what I felt hence there was NO ??? after my "Question":
    A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question posed for its persuasive effect without the expectation of a reply
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Enjoy your whale meat henning I think this thread has degraded further than it should have and serves no purpose. I'm gone.
  8. Henning

Henning Senior Member

Well, if we're gonna say stupid things, enjoy throwing blood on people who wear leather & fur. I never said I supported whaling or disdained SSF's general tactics. However I don't let issues cloud reality. What they do is illegal and they know it.
  9. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Guys,

I got a note from Lars that he closed the thread this morning. I think we can ALL agree the time has come to put this to rest. I'm moving the thread to the YFYC.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.