Click for Mulder Click for MotorCheck Click for Cross Click for JetForums Click for Glendinning

Advice for new Charter Business

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by Anthony C, Oct 12, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Anthony C

Anthony C New Member

I have recently semi retired from corporate financial services and started to charter my boat. I am a 50 ton Master licensed Captain with over 35 years of boating experience. I have set up a web site and other social media to market the boat and my services. I have also set up the proper Charter Insurance and Captains Liability coverage. Things are going well but I feel like I am trying to figure a lot out on my own in addition to reaching out to others for direction. I can use any advise from those of you that charter your own vessel. I don’t do fishing charters. Focus more on pleasure cruising. I have been trying to locate an association that I can become a member that provides guidelines and information for charter captains. For example: contracts for clients, COVID cleaning and safety, charter guidelines, crew guidelines.... I am new to this forum and maybe all the info I am seeking is here. Any advice or direction is truly appreciated. My boat is a 38’ convertible, and the areas of focus charter, local boat transport and instruction/training to other boaters. I am located in Long Island NY. Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide.
    Captain Anthony