Click for MotorCheck Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for Delta

Add your Roamer

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by homer1958, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Ron Madison

Ron Madison New Member

Yes sir, it has the 6v53's.

I'm having difficulty finding specs on weight and height. Any ideas ?
  2. Nostradumas

Nostradumas New Member

Greetings to yachtforums! I don’t know yet if this post will anchor in the right spot, but I’m soon to be the “owner of questionable sanity” of a 31ft 6s steel roamer . What I have so far is a small pail of pics which I’m hesitant to post,and engine serial numbers (twin 283’s),which put the engines to 1959. Idk if that would make it a ‘59, or ‘60. I have read here about the Mariner’s museum for info, and I’ll visit there soon as the guy on the other end is trying to determine the year for the sale etc. If I can get a few pics up, any help would be appreciated. Some clues I think might be when the teak toe rail was introduced,differences in the helm between years and models, pulpit style ( I think it’s missing parts) , and of course any input from the fine gang of folks here who are so much more familiar with these graceful beasts.
  3. Nostradumas

Nostradumas New Member

925C5C8F-43BD-4C4D-B304-57EB75EB3489.jpeg
  4. Keiffer76

Keiffer76 New Member

Looks like a 59.,check hull,be very thorough, inbox me if you have any questions,I'm restoring 2 at moment...good luck
  5. Mike Gaudio

Mike Gaudio New Member

Yes! She was previously named Boca C. Renamed “ Easyrider “ Hull ID- RAQ460507R. 1968 46’ Roamer Riviera, aluminum with natural aspirated 8V71 Detroit diesels. New owner, Mike Gaudio 6/15/2017.
  6. MWY1205

MWY1205 New Member

Looking for others that might have the Chris*Craft Roamer 43 or Roamer 40. Ours is a 2006 Heritage edition with Volvo-Penta TAMD75PEDC 480HP shaft drives. We have had this boat for over a year and truly enjoy her - M/Y "Classy Lady". we get compliments about the boat where ever we go. She is an excellent boat for a couple, but a little cramped for 2 couples. Chris*Craft truly did a wonderful job designing and building this modern day classic. Chris*Craft's factory in Sarasota has been very helpful with our inquiries about plumbing, electrical, etc. We have on board from the previous owner some schematics, only plumbing plan is only for thru hull locations below the water line.

One of the problems we are having is tracking down the A/C condensation drains. unable to tell if they are designed to drain into the bilges or into a sump pump. We accumulate water in the forward bilge where the shower pump is located, as well as where the A/C pump is located under the hatch in the saloon. But there appears to be overboard discharge outlets on the starboard side that seem they would be for A/C condensation drain? Any thoughts ?
  7. LizStewart

LizStewart New Member

Thi
    Here is an update of our roamer. We have done since 2014 when I posted first. We now have a for sale on her. Hoping she'll find someone to love her and continue to keep her up.

Attached Files:

8. Jean-Paul

Jean-Paul New Member

Greetings to all! I am new to this forum and writing from the other side of the Atlantic! I am from Spain and recently bought a CC Steel Roamer 57' in the The Netherlands!!! You wouldn't expect a Roamer enthusiastic over here!
    She seems to be built in 1966 but I haven't managed to find out her hull number yet, but will get back once I have!
    I have been in contact with The Mariners' Museum and it seems that only 5 where built in 1966 and for sure it must be the only one sailing in Europe! Until now she was called "IA ORA NA"
    I am transporting her to Spain and start with her refit. She needs quite a lot of work. I need to change the complete deck/roof as it has rotten due to water filtrations that only got worse as the previous owner covered the humid deck with fibreglass :-(
    However the engines seems to work, although will need an in deep review.
    I herewith post some photos of how she is now and will keep posting the restoration process.
    I am looking for any kind of drawings, plans, motor manuals, photos that can help me to bring this treasure back to its original state, so any help is highly appreciated! If by any chance someone can bring some light about her history, when it was exported to Europe, previous owners, names etc would be great!
    Many thanks!

IMG_9998.JPG

IMG_9999.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg
  9. Oneiros

Oneiros Member

Nice boat on this side f The atlantic ocen
  10. Jean-Paul

Jean-Paul New Member

I finally managed to identify the Hull number: RMB-57-0005 (which is the boat that was originally shipped to Switzerland). The two engines that were originally put into the boat were 8VA31511 (port) and 8VA31512 (starboard)
  11. Eddie B

Eddie B New Member

1964 36 steel

Attached Files:

12. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Amazing!
    That makes at least (4) Roamers we know of in Europe.
    I do know CC made a sales blitz there in the sixties, so it really should not surprise. Still, yours is a big one.
    57s were some of the best looking.
    Congratulations and much encouragement from this side of pond.
    Roam on!!
    - Eric

Attached Files:

13. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Impressive - where did you get her.
    Tell us her hull# and you'll win a free subscription to our "List of Known Roamers". Want to add yours but need at least a name.
    Carry on!
    - Eric
  14. Jean-Paul

Jean-Paul New Member

Hi Folks, After 2 year restoration project we got her back in the water!! Hull Number is RMD-57-0005R and is now called "Mooi". I believe the hard work and effort has worth it!
    She is now located at Puerto Banús port in Marbella (South Spain).

IMG_0578.jpeg MS0005-01--RMB-57-0005R (1).jpeg
    chesapeake46 likes this.