Click for Glendinning Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Furuno Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn

AC Panel digital Display

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by HaleysComet, Nov 11, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. HaleysComet

HaleysComet New Member

Hi All, Ive got a 48 Viking and my AC panel current load display quit working, would this be just a bulb or do I have to replace the display module? Obviously either one requires removing the breaker panel to get to the back of it. Thanks in advance.
    Steve
  2. motoryachtlover

motoryachtlover Senior Member

I realize this is very simple but on my Viking the digital load display and AC panel backlighting is all 12V. So if you turn off the 12V panel your AC digital display will be energized but be blank. I have plugged into the dock and then thought I had no juice and then I turn on the 12V panel and everything lights up and I have juice. So double check that your 12V panel is on and look at the 12V side to possibly solve your issue. The 12V DC main is the switch that lights up the AC display, top left in picture. Shot in the dark. Good luck

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  3. HaleysComet

HaleysComet New Member

Thanks but my issue is its only one of the displays that isnt lit anymore but if thats all 12v backlit its probably a bulb?
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

They also usually have a fuse on the back side and that once in a blue moon blows. Getting behind the panel is easy like the one in the photo, it's hinged at the bottom, so take off the screws around the side and top and it will hinge down.
  5. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

It's toast. I have the exact panel.
    The company that makes that panel is out of business. I found a reasonable replacement on eBay but have yet to tackle the installation. The wiring is easy it's the mounting that is different.
  6. HaleysComet

HaleysComet New Member

Got it, thanks guys. I'll be opening it up this weekend.
  7. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

I should add that once open you'll see the MFG label on the back. As I said they're out of business, but if you go to their site it'll forward to a new company that is selling leftover parts. Pretty sure there weren't any of these but it's been a while since I was there.
  8. HaleysComet

HaleysComet New Member

Thank you sir !