Click for Nordhavn Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Burger

ABT Trac low pressure

Discussion in 'Stabs, Tabs & Gyros' started by Pascal, Jul 15, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Got a low pressure error (twice) on our Trac stabs, after slowing down to idle speed. They work fine above idle. Fluid level is good. Unfortunately the manual covers everything but Low pressure error.

any suggestion where to start? Would a filter issue cause this ?
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Yes a filter issue could cause this. Could also be the engine driven pump is going bad. You need someone to look at the gauge in the engine room when you slow down to see what the pressure is. Also if the fluid hasn't been changed in 2 years or so, I'd do that too. If you have zero speed, switch on the electric pump and see if it fixes it.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

No zero speed. I was going to zoom the ER cam on the gauge on the next run.
  4. d_meister

d_meister Senior Member

Had that exact problem on a set on a N55. It was the pressure sender. Dave from ABT came to the boat in Seattle, verified the fault, and changed it out. You may be able to verify by watching the pressure gauges when it happens. On the N55 there was a big hydraulic control manifold that had the sender in about the middle.
  5. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

No pressure on the mechanical gauge in the ER. Replaced the filter but as I expected that didn’t help. Talk to the Trac shop I used in Dania, most likely option is the pump. Going to try to get one shipped over on Makers Air. I don’t feel like heading back home without stabs!
  6. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Turned out it was the hydraulic pump. A day after my original post I had lost pressure regardless of the RPM. I ordered a pump from the Trac service guy in FTL. Arrived today on makers air. Installed and all is good again. Heading home tomorrow
    Bam54 likes this.