Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Burger Click for Mulder

Abeking & Rasmussen; Bare Hull #6494

Discussion in 'Abeking & Rasmussen Yacht' started by YachtForums, Aug 14, 2012.

1. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

The rest of the Shipping Industry does not build yachts thankfully.

Abeking and others use very well respected Test Tanks to verify their designs before a vessel goes into production.

If you want to call into question the results or interpolation of same I suggest you take it up with Abekings Design Dept and either HVSA or MARIN who do the testing and provide the ensuing data streams.
  2. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

I'm not calling anything into question. I am just looking at the industry variation. I am not expert in hydrodynamics but, from what it appears to be, the benefits of a bulbous bow comes into effect at a certain size or displacement? A lot of Lurssen's have them (over 60m, less Hermitage and probably some others) and I would venture to guess that Lurssen is fairly proficient in their tank tests such as Abeking.
  3. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

I have just heard that A&R extended their facilities for a few meters...obviously for the new 82m superyacht. In fact they cut a hole in the wall and extended it. Looks like they have already been pretty much to their limits with the 78m yachts in the past.
    BTW their order book is filled until 2015!
  4. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

Hmm...I haven't seen anything in the last few months. Just some works in the office building.
  5. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Well you have not but I have seen a very recent photo showing the extension.