Click for Westport Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking

A friend asks "How much boat can I afford?"

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by BenSeattle, Sep 21, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Not my friend. My friends are crazy, not stupid.:D But you're right on your assessment. But even those who use a boat a lot generally only rack up 100 to 200 hours a year. Most of the time the boats sit idle. That's why I favor partnering (with a manager). It can knock the costs way down and keep the boat kept better. It has to be treated as a business though. Many a friendship has ended over a boat partnership.
  2. Only4Her

Only4Her New Member

I know, especially now, times are different. I know a few multi-millionaires that couldn't get a $300k house loan to save their life... even if they have triple that in cash sitting in their bank account. They would have to go hard-money for a loan.
    Thats why I said "extreem renting". Would never insinuate that he was stupid. On the contrary, I personally know several people with "lower-than-standard I.Q.'s", and none could afford to rent an escalade!! :) . I personally think you need a bit of crazy, courage and risk-taking just to make life fun and rewarding...