Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport

A/C Compressor question

Discussion in 'HVAC' started by CSkipR, Aug 3, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Dometic Marine Air Systems is not going to stock every part on something they don't make anymore and are going to stock & support where the technology is pointed.

I just picked up a new Tecumseh compressors for a 10+ year old system. This bill will be up there but still cheaper to repair than replace the whole show.
    That same compressor is used in many applications, has been around for a long time and maybe be available for a long time still in the future. Heck, It may already be able to run the green stuff and turn up in a new (green) unit.

Replacing, upgrading, servicing are real questions regarding r22 to r410, but I don't think there is a fire hurry (yet) to rip out the old r22 stuff.
  2. Mr.Royal

Mr.Royal New Member

Your system may be low of refrigerant or you may be operating under a high head pressure, which may be caused by anything from a dirty strainer to a condenser coil restriction. Feel the water piping through the condenser coil, it should be warm but not hot.
  3. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

Can't you just find something else to do while you are waiting for the contractors to change oil in the generator?

I have no idea who "Lamont" is but I am convinced you are suffering from a reading disability or some other cognitive disorder.

Have someone read post #23 to you and show you how to follow the links to up to date information on replacement parts for R22 equipment.
  4. C4ENG

C4ENG Senior Member

Hi Marmot
    Are you baiting? Yes I believe you are. That is why me and other YF members refer to you as the Master Baiter:D
    Sorry I haven't been around for a while to keep up with our pleasant conversations but work has been consuming lately. Are you going to be around for FLIBS? I will be for sure. We should meet for a beer and talk some more about cylinder temps and stuff. See you then buddy!!