Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for Westport

82.00 M "O'Mega"

Discussion in 'Unique, Custom or New Yachts' started by Yacht News, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Well it seems that Golden Yacht's 82-meter long O'mega has had an extensive refit. She is almost unrecognisable from her past existence. Her deep blue hull is gone replaced by a white hull. Those SOLAS orange lifeboats are gone now replaced by similar kind of boats as on "Alysia" or "Delma". The Sun deck has been reconfigured and the unsightly mast/funnel arrangement is gone with a new better looking sun deck structure and mast. Overall I think a very good job done on this extensive and must be expensive refit. Makes me wonder if she has been bought by Liveras yachting because she looks more like she fits with the "Alysia" and "Lauren L".
  2. Yacht News

3. AffrayedKnot

AffrayedKnot Senior Member

Her re-fit is an interesting story of process efficiency. Five (5) month turnaround... impressive. Complete story to follow.

Attached Files:

4. AffrayedKnot

On Board

Attached Files:

5. AffrayedKnot

More On Board...

Attached Files:

6. AffrayedKnot

Just aFew More...

Attached Files:

7. Yacht News

Wow! I wasnt expecting this kind of a response. Great shots AfrayedKnot!!
  8. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

And who is going to resize all the pictures..?:eek:
  9. travler

travler Senior Member

VERY NICE THANK'S FOR shareing

travler
  10. Yacht News

LOL Lars you are in the captain's chair for now and your hand is on the throttle;)
  11. Merel

Merel New Member

Wow, that's impressive! Great pics!

Might be a little out of my budget though. :|
  12. Yacht News

Welcome to Yacht Forums Merel.
  13. Riknpat

Riknpat Senior Member

Kind of blurs the distinction between a large yacht and a small cruise ship doesn't it? With such niceties as a Yoga studio, massage parlour, beauty salon and 26 crew to care for 32 passengers.
    "A fun way to entertain your work colleagues" goes one of their charter ads.
    At "from" 60,000 Euros.
    A day.
    I want that job and those colleagues. Laff.:)
  14. Merel

Merel New Member

Thanks for the welcome YachtNews.

And you make a good point about the distinction between a yacht and a cruise ship.

It would be so fun to own one of these and host your own little commercial cruise line. :)
  15. Yacht News

Well at 82-meters "O'Mega" is a large yacht but I do not think you can say that she blurs any lines between her and 'small cruise ships'. She isn't big enough. If you talk about yachts the size of "A" "Al Said" and the lot...well maybe.
  16. Riknpat

Riknpat Senior Member

Yacht or not

I suppose but on further reflection I'm not sure size is the deciding factor. I have been on or seen similar sized (length) cruise ships in the Eastern Med, Red Sea and Aegean Sea. Ditto for Galapagos cruises. Not so concerned with speed or aesthetics they tend it is true to be beamier and have bulkier deck housings increasing their GRT. I would have thought the practical distinction is is that a yacht is privately owned (where in a charter the charterer(s) is/are de facto "owner(s)" for a specified period of time) and the passengers are guests of said owner(s). That is, one cannot buy a ticket and join a bunch of similar ticket buyers. I admit that that suggests that when the Queen Mary 2 is chartered by a single person as she has been to thank his employees, customers and suppliers she is for the purpose of that voyage a kind of huge yacht. Perhaps she is. In any event I accept that under this definition the O'Mega is clearly a yacht.
  17. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

You will find that there is a section in the Registration Document where it says Ship Type: If it says Yacht in this box then that's what you have regardless of the size or displacement.

I am not aware of a bare boat charter agreement, the type of which is common on merchant vessels being used on these bigger yachts which are fully crewed by employees of the owning company.
  18. Yacht News

Some very nice pictures of the recently and extensively refitted "O'Mega"...

Love the design of her Limo-type tenders, seems this general design is getting popular..."Lauren L", "Alysia", "Delma", "Al Mirqab" to name a few have these kinds of tenders, well more accurately in terms of styling, Al Mirqabs' fits the bill well in terms of comparison.

http://www.fraseryachts.com/Charter/charter_gallery.aspx?YachtID=Y7168_MC