Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Delta Click for Walker

8.4Billion on a yacht? A solid gold yacht?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by PropBet, Jul 20, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

By definition, "plating is a surface covering in which a metal is deposited on a conductive surface." This usually involves acid baths and electrical currents. I doubt plastic reacts well to either.
  2. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

Look further into plating of non-conductive materials. Look into "electroless" plating, look into vacuum depostion. There are many ways to plate materials other than the old fashioned definition you provided. A lot has changed since the 1940s.
  3. ArcanisX

ArcanisX Senior Member

Uhz. I almost got used to reading BusinessInsider at times (as per OPs link), but it quickly developed that ugly yellow'ish hue that really makes it... hard to palate with a sober mind. Dang shame, was good site while it lasted.

It took three years to complete and is covered in 100,000 kilograms of precious metals, according to The Daily Mail.
    +
    http://goldprice.org/charts/gold_3d_b_k_USD.png

= 53,500 x 100,000 = 5,350,000,000

aka 5,3 billion. Which is still ridiculously short of 8,4.

I believe, depending on the country, multiplying by 10's is somewhere around 3-4th year of prelim. Making *cough* some nonsense-writing apes *cough* mathematically inferior to 10 - year -old children.
  4. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

Yeah, but you didn't include labor!
  5. ArcanisX

ArcanisX Senior Member

Oh shame on me! As it goes, labor should roughly equal materials, right? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: