Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Mag Bay Click for Mulder

72' Hatteras "Time Out" beached off Palm Beach

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by YachtForums, Sep 7, 2016.

1. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

He left a name. He was hired to pump it off. The name has been posted in articles and with photos.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Still, he got the fuel and didn't make a mess (?). Was he a real regulated haz transfer company?
    I would not use my real name if I was pumping fuel anyway.

Bless him anyway for getting aweigh with what he did and reducing a larger hazard the second that plastic fuel tank is cracked.
  3. olderboater

Yes, he was. Very professional. If I recall correctly, 1100 gallons.
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Then he will be the only winner of this tragedy.
    Hired by the state or s'posed owner?
  5. olderboater

CG I believe, but can't be sure. To be billed to owner, but obviously we know the odds of collecting. CG can take steps to immediately take care of anything presenting a danger. Once beyond that, they get out of the picture.
  6. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

I just read on another forum that the beached boat has been righted, pumped out and towed away.
  7. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

There ya go.
  8. olderboater

Where did you find that? A scoop if true. Maybe it's been stolen...lol
  9. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The boat on Palm Beach IS the same boat as the one that hit the island in the Bahamas with the heavily damaged bow in post #59. I found this video where a guy swam around it on 9/20 and if you scroll to 9:39 in the video and pause it, the hull number is the same FL 8932 NY. Find the Surfin Weathermans video on his facebook page where he swam around it and recorded it.

https://www.facebook.com/Surfin.Weatherman/
  10. Captain Zemo

Captain Zemo Senior Member

Good catch Capt J

[​IMG]
  11. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

A bit like that boat that sank suddenly a few years ago and then no one could find the wreck just a few drag marks in the sand
  12. olderboater

Or the repossessed boat sitting in Dania that was stolen a year or so ago.
  13. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Turns out it was a false alarm. She's still safely at rest on the beach.
  14. olderboater

Thanks for checking. I was afraid of that based on no sources I could find reporting it. I feel like the Palm Beach Daily News will be anxious to report any change, although anxious with them may take a couple of days.

Actually they did report some news. I wouldn't take this to the bank yet either since we know Baker has a history of pulling scams. However, they report that they got an email indicating that the insurance company will pay Sea Tow to remove it sometime next week. Sounds suspicious to me, suddenly out of nowhere, by email. However, they also report that a representative of Sea Tow says they have started the process of getting the approvals they need to remove the yacht. However, the first we hear of insurance is 17 days after the beaching?

Don't hold your breath on this one. This is, after all, The Shiny Sheet.

http://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/n...own-wont-have-to-pay-to-have-beached-y/nsd2d/
  15. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The town manager reported the news in an email (I guess to the newspaper). It didn't state that he got an email from the insurance company.

“Our primary goal was to see its removal by the private parties involved to eliminate the use of taxpayer funds, which appears to be the ultimate outcome based on the confirmation we’ve received. Our staff has already been contacted by the contractor who has been hired to remove the vessel and we will provide the necessary permits and guidance to help them quickly and safely complete the work,” Boodheshwar said in the email.

I think this government is broken. You have a boat stranded on the beach and strewing debris all over the beach and a reputable Tow Company has to wait on PERMITS to remove it?????? I'm guessing it took the insurance company several days before they were even notified, you know, the owner was busy enjoying a free lunch in jail and that type of stuff before he could call them.
  16. olderboater

Actually he had to appear in Brevard county for his BUI case there.
  17. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Obviously not like the good ole days. We used to grab tubs like this quickly. The different Gov's were happy. NPS was happy in the parks. Reimbursements were not hard to get and we still had the boat to settle with the owner and his (hers) insurance company.

Another thought; Is there still an insurance company that will pay. Most companies will NOT pay if the boat is operated out of scope (OWNER OPERATOR DRUNK).
  18. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Latest new seems to be that she is slowly leaving the beach in bite sized pieces. A contractor has a machine working on it.
  19. Captain Zemo

Captain Zemo Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  20. olderboater

After they left it sitting, I figured it was in for this treatment. People don't realize until they see it done how easily one can take a loader and crush a boat into pieces and deposit it in a dumpster.