Click for Mulder Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko

61 Roamer Resto

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by danjen10@netsca, Dec 1, 2006.

1. danjen10@netsca

danjen10@netsca New Member

In the process of redoing a 1961 steel roamer,w/twin 283's. This is my first BIG project,boatwise.. Anyone out there own,or have previously owned/operated one of these boats?!? I would like to call on your experience/expertise as to what these things handle like, and IF there is anything that you think should be changed...AS pertaining to the handling,and "dry boat" ;) :confused: :)
    I am an experienced metal fabricator which is why I chose this one. I realize that NOW IS THE TIME to improve on the boat,while restoring it..(need more rudder,splash guards,where is the ballast better placed,as in fuel,and water tanks) etc...I don't need this to be an ORIGINAL resto.as I have seen many flaws in the original design already.Ever see an old chriscraft without the windows rotted out?!?!?!:p ANY GUIDANCE AND HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks, Dan