Click for Northern Lights Click for Walker Click for Mulder Click for Comfort Click for MotorCheck

60' Sport Boat

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by BruceJohnson, Aug 7, 2015.

1. BruceJohnson

BruceJohnson New Member

60ft Sport Boat Fwd Quarter R07.jpg Here's a peek at a new 60' Sport Boat in development in conjunction with Brooklin Boat Yard. It's a bit out of my comfort zone in terms of underbody shape so Michael Peters is doing the hull (underwater shape) and propulsion package. Target speed is 50 knots+. Comments welcome.
    LOA: 62'-7" (includes swim platform)
    LWL: 49'-4"
    Bmax: 16'-10"
    Power: 2 x MAN Diesel V8 - 1,200hp each
    Drives: Arneson Surface ASD-14
    Construction: Cold-molded wood Epoxy with carbon structural grid
    60ft Sport Boat Aft Quarter R07.jpg 60ft Sport Boat Cockpit Open R08.jpg
  2. FeBo

FeBo New Member

There is too much wasted space ;)
  3. Sea Gull

Sea Gull Member

Not a boat I woul buy, but I don't even see the point. What's the target market?

For my taste: Not enough outdoor space, swim platform is too small, no apparent way to get to the foredeck, stupidly low rails on the bow. Hull windows, or is the single deck hatch the only way to get light into the lower cabin?
  4. bernd1972

bernd1972 Senior Member

Dramatic styling, but isn´t it a little big for a daycruiser? What a waste of space! But definitely nice to look at. Difficult to say who´s going to buy it. Too big for a tender and too limited use for a 60ft. yacht. But certainly nice to play with for an afternoon.