Click for Westport Click for Walker Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning Click for Furuno

60' Ocean Alexander yacht stolen from Harbortown Marina in Dania Beach, FL

Discussion in 'Ocean Alexander Yacht' started by YachtForums, Jul 20, 2015.

1. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

It happens. I saw a post in another group I belong to where a guy lost his boat that was on a trailer from a secure storage facility and it was not noticed missing till he went to use it to go fishing.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

either there's some collusion or people just aren't doing their job

YEP to both.

Sadly, unless somebody really in-the-know comes thru and updates us or the media (hopefully us, the media will just screw it up again), We may never know The Rest Of The Story.
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

It amazed me a bit that there weren't more boats stolen from marinas on the lake and it does from many of the coastal marinas as well. But then I guess in a way it speaks well for society over all that there aren't more car thefts either. Instead most theft is more petty. Steal the water skis or steal the tablet left in the seat.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

A few years back one Captain took the wrong 40' Cabo to the Miami Boat Show from the Pompano dealership and didn't realize it till he got to the show. Turns out he took one that was owned by someone instead of the dealers boat by accident. Another Captain had to race up there, and run the proper boat down, while the other Captain brought the other one down, so they wouldn't miss moving in all of their boats....LOLOLOL It happens.....
  5. JWY

JWY Senior Member

I had a client with a 66 Cheoy Lee for sale in Minn. Owner was bringing it to me in Fl. He told me that he was in contention with Suntrust, that they said he owed 3 payments but he had sent them the cancelled checks showing they had been paid. A "broker" called to tell me he had a client who wanted to see the boat and asked for showing instructions. I gave him the name of the marina in St. Louis and the name of the person who would be showing the boat the next day. The "broker" asked if the owner was bringing it to Fl., why wasn't he the one showing it. And I explained the owner went home for the weekend. That afternoon the boat was towed to a yard and hauled out by SunTrust. On Monday the owner returned to the marina to report it stolen, unbeknownst to him that it had been seized. Nasty and cruel. Some of the principals mentioned in this thread were involved and the brokers are hired by banks for repossessions.