Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Furuno Click for Mulder

58' Bertram FBMY - opinions?

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by Grimreaper105, Jan 27, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

The motoryachts with an Aft Master Stateroom typically have a mid-engine room layout with some long shafting and additional struts/bearings for support. Putting the drives in the current propeller location would have them underneath the Aft Master Stateroom berth, which usually has water or some other type of tankage below.

I could picture a neat, pre-engineered copckpit extension including pod drives layed up ahead of time, and then mated to the exitsting hull with not that much of a struggle, keeping the propulsion machinery out of the living spaces and allowing for new uses of the old machinery space.

Just thinking out loud......;)
  2. Hkalan

Hkalan Member

Hello Gentlemen,

Having the 46.6 MY, I truly understand the 32v dilemma but have overcome the lighting issue by having 19v to 46v LEDs that work perfectly. Over a year without needing to replace a single bulb !!! As I live on mine full time as well. I have changed most of the AC lighting to all DC LED lighting.

I have changed the Lead Acid batteries to LifePO4. Best thing I ever did. It required a bit of extra kit for battery monitoring and voltage regulated relays, but well worth it. I put a 24v LifePO4 bank under the galley table bench seat that powers a 5,000w Inverter, and thus could change all the heads over to 24v Tecma Silence Plus, and a 24v fresh water pump. Everything else still remains 32v !!!

The Rule 12v/24v/32v bilge pump float switches and Rule 2000 bilge pumps are still even available here in Hong Kong.

I can not say enough good things about High Tide Marine always having Bertram original kit available for shipping... even to the marina here in Hong Kong !

I am very jealous that there is only one 58 MY here in Hong Kong, and I have made him many offers to take it off his hands... but always NO....

If your 58 MY has a manual... scan it and share it !!!! as that is a manual many are looking for !

Alan