Click for Abeking Click for Perko Click for Westport Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking

56' 4 stateroom sportfish!

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by Necessary Evil, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Necessary Evil

Necessary Evil New Member

Check out the Freedom 56 foot, 4 stateroom, triple IPS sportfish project. Pretty cool. 2010 HP. Anybody got about two mil I can borrow?
  2. VikHatBer

VikHatBer New Member

Yea, 4 "small" staterooms... I would rather my SF have 3 large staterooms.

Plus, three motors and only 1000 gallons of fuel. You would have to re-fuel all the time...
  3. Necessary Evil

I read that they expect to burn 50 gal/hr at 30 kts. If so, that's about a 550 nm range. Anyway, I can't wait to see how it performs in the real world.
  4. Necessary Evil

I am really dying to see it completed! Please keep posting updates and pics for us :)
  5. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

No matter how you look at it, and you can spin it any way you wish, 4 staterooms in a 54' boat are going to be small staterooms. You have a very limited, and very defined space to work within. Shoehorning a 4th stateroom in that already small space, (IMO) is not a 'quantum leap' forward.

My $0.02
  6. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

In real physical systems a quantum leap is not necessarily a large change, and can in fact be very insignificant. A good example of this can be taken from the Bohr model of the hydrogen atom, where the observed energy shifts associated with shifts of different quantum states (quantum leaps) span a wide range from large to small (when compared to the energy required to completely free an electron). In the popular sense, the term is usually applied to mean a large or significant change, which is thus not strictly correct.

- quoted from Wikipedia
  7. LA BUC

LA BUC New Member

Very interesting....any idea on the asking $$??

Keep us posted please...
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Well yes and no. With the IPS drives and smaller engines, you can probably gain a full 4 or 5 feet of interior length and a full beam because the engine room can be considerably shorter then on a normal 54' SF because you don't have the length of the 10 cylinder diesels in there, only more compact 6 cylinder ones. Also you don't need the same length to get the shaft angle right with conventional straight shafts. Again, it's one of those that you have to see first....

It also appears that the house of the vessel is a little taller then usual and it appears by the drawings on the website that the master stateroom is located directly below the salon. A space where on a Sportfish the engine room usually sits. It also appears that the engines sit much further back then conventional ones do and are located under the mezzanine deck.
  9. Necessary Evil

Negative Vibes Moriarty, Negative vibes :)
    Just in the "In My Opinion" category...

The guy that can afford this boat gives a doodoo for "what happens if". He just pays for it and moves on. If it is catastrophic, he buys a new one; if its an expensive repair, his secretary takes care of it for him and he's never bothered.

Let's face it, to buy, own, and fish/maintain a multi million dollar boat requires reserves that make the odd log hit or grounding insignificant.

When I win the big lotto I'm going to prove it to you
    Attached Images

Attached Files:

10. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Actually when that happens to someones boat, they cry....... because they know it will never be the same again and the boat will have a story and never be sellable again. Just like a Ferrari that's had body work done to it....nobody wants it anymore....unless it's priced dirt cheap..regardless of how deep their pockets are, the yacht is their prized possession......