Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for Mulder

53 Viking

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by Danvilletim, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Danvilletim

Danvilletim Senior Member

There is a 1995 53 Viking in cabo san Lucas that will go for low. It's listed at $165k w blown starboard Man D2840LXE. Otherwise boat looks great

The double negatives are new engine / rebuild req,d. And it's in cabo where I hear that man techs are flown in?

Any reliable yards in cabo? How long would dropping in a reman engine take / cost?

Any deal to be had here? At what price?
  2. Ormond Bert54

Ormond Bert54 Senior Member

Depends on so many factors like (if it needs one engine, maybe it needs two) .. My first thought of course is "no deal there".
  3. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

No deal there. It's a charter boat that used to be run in Cabo by a guy named Martin Hutt. His website is here, he should be able to tell you everything you need to know. My limited knowledge of the captain that ran these boats left me with the impression that while he took care of the equipment, he beat the living crap out of the boats he used.