Click for Cheoy Lee Click for ZF Click for JetForums Click for United Click for Westport

51 Ocean Alexander vs 53 Navigator

Discussion in 'Ocean Alexander Yacht' started by Worthyvess, Apr 16, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

I adore our 2009 Californian Veneti 50 built in Perris CA as part of the Navigator line. Although defunct now the yard was purchased but has yet to come back to life AFAIK.
    Best of luck to you, there are many Navigators in the Pacific NW waters.
  2. Worthyvess

Worthyvess Member

South shore long island and fort lauderdale
    Thanks so much gr8trn! And that is encouraging that you love your Californian... Would you say they are the same quality? And the fact that there are a lot of Navigators in your area makes me think, very seaworthy - those are real seas out there, are they not?
  3. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

Congratulations, if you have Navigator/Californian questions I am sure that I can help you out.
  4. Worthyvess

Worthyvess Member

South shore long island and fort lauderdale
    Great to know that, thanks so much! Did you own/run one?
  5. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Identical quality. Same hull, systems, fit&finish-just a different pilot house propulsion. There is an very slightly active Navigator owners group based in Washington that you may be able to chat with too, they do have a rendezvous coming up I think.

Lots of serious water, most stay in the Peuget Sound and keep an eye on things. Plenty have gone up and down the coast, while I prefer to stay local I have no qualms about seakeeping on this hull in safe moderate conditions.
  6. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Good to know PacBlue, I will take you up on that if the occasion arrises as well, thanks!