Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for Perko Click for Burger Click for Furuno

500grt 100,000Nm+ Captain available now

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by Captain (Skipper Solutions), Jun 8, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi

i am a 33yr old male, 500grt captain with over 100,000Nm of seatime

Commercially Endorsed

no offshore limits

i am seeking delivery work or fulltime/longterm employment

currently New Zealand based

a fully detailed resume can be sent upon direct request

please present all offers

cheers
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Can you tell us what Certificate of Competency you hold?

There have been a few CV's I have seen where the holders idea of what they hold differs somewhat to Maritime NZ.
  3. Sorry about that, i wasnt very specific.

I hold an International 500grt Captains Licence which ive had for nearly 10yrs.

I also hold an ILM with a 200Nm offshore endorsement for NZ waters.

I understand what you're saying with regards to some people's idea, those sort of people are dreamers not professionals.

Im a professional, with alot of Charter & Superyacht Delivery experience.

cheers for your concern

regards
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

You are still not being very open about your qualifications.

Where was it issued? What is it called under STCW95?

If you have this 500ton ticket why do you need an ILM?
  5. i hold an MCA 500grt licence. issued in the U.K.

i also have my advanced STCW-95 & marine medic 4 cert...

like i said i have my ILM for NZ waters as my international 500grt licence isnt recognised by NZ insurance companies on NZ registered vessels.

im not a newbie to the industry, ive been in it for 15yrs & have had my Quals for 10yrs+ so pretty sure i know what licence ive been using for vessels all over the world.

Anything else you want to question about my quals, experience & knowledge KIWI?????????
  6. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

It's nice to know bits of paper are so important in todays yachting industry.

Some of the best and most experienced Captains I've sailed with have had no papers what so ever. I can be certain that the very worst have every piece of certification you could achieve but I wouldn't trust with a rubber duckie.

Anyway, handbags at the ready..............;)
  7. i couldnt agree with you more mate....

just because someone has the paperwork doesnt mean they're a good captain.
  8. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I wasn't directly questioning your qualifications or experience, I was just as any prospective employer would do asking what paperwork you actually have.

Simply saying you have an International Ticket means nothing.

If I saw just that on a CV and there was nothing outstanding about the rest of the info provided it would not make the short list.
  9. JWY

JWY Senior Member

Captain --

Looks like you've been a YF member here for almost 3 years and your only previous post, your original one, was also looking for a job. Not sure that posting history entitles you to a bold response. Nonetheless, you should know enough about YF that if it seems like you are being questioned, it is either for your benefit or others. This thread should have benefitted both.

With all of your international experience, hope we see some good input on this give and take forum.

Cheers,

Judy
  10. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Just as I thought with the vague description.

I am pretty certain the now banned Captain has posted here previously with claims of greatness.

In that instance as we were looking for someone and I like to help my countrymen get a foot in the door I placed a call to Maritime NZ to check the validity of the qualifications claimed , this call and the helpful person I spoke to showed he did not posses the qualifications as claimed.
  11. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Bugger,

I thought bits of paper were to stop all this sort of crap.

If you've got one, keep it up to date. Looking back at my Yachtmasters ticket, I'm lucky they let me play in the modelyacht pond at all.

Ho-hum! :(
  12. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

To prospective owners or charter guests researching a New Zealand captain named Brett Copley from Skipper Solutions, I am in receipt of several vulgar letters threatening litigation. Let this post be a warning to others. This guy is hot-headed and quickly becomes aggressive, as can be seen in his responses above. Our mods have already removed two posts with his profanities.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.