Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for Walker

48 Sea Ray Sedan Bridge

Discussion in 'Sea Ray Yacht' started by Capt-RAM, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Capt-RAM

Capt-RAM New Member

I am looking to move up to a 48 to 50 foot convertible/sedan bridge boat (2003 or newer). I have been trying to do my homework before I zero in on a particular make/model. Does anyone know if Sea Ray still uses balsa core below the waterline. I have not seen anything written for Sea Ray's newer than 2002. Any input would be welcome. Thanks

Rob
  2. fogcutter50

fogcutter50 New Member

Rob, I am in the process of buying a 2003 480 sedan bridge. I have looked at many and though the style has not changed a lot the boat has. From what I have found Sea Ray changed the way they attached the deck to the hull in 03 and did away with the balsa core, they also switched to the Cummins engines and dropped the 3196 Cats. I have had two Ocean Alexanders with the 3116 and one with 3126 and never had a bit of trouble with either one, but the resale on the 3196 seems to be an issue! So I have contracted for the 03 with the Cummins. Happy boating
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

As Rob asked his question in 2006 and hasn't posted since, don't expect him to respond.