Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder

46 Post Prop size

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by RT46, May 11, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

Yea Ruby I recall you had better numbers than me.

My boat did come from Post with 24x26

I might be ready for a boat stuff diet or bottom job.
  2. ruby

ruby Member

Well I did strip my bottom and do that whole thing, I will tell you after 4 seasons of ownership the numbers never changed even though I managed to pack my boat with sooooo much. When I sold it it took me two solid days to empty it
  3. Rover1

Rover1 Member

Do you have the 3 blade props still? where they for your Post? I have 3 blades on my boat now. only I hit the dredging pipe in shark river and damaged my props. found a note the other owner had and it said the props were 24x23.4 with a #3 cup on them which kept me flying if thats the case! Just looking to get a possible back up set cause I would have been able to keep it in the water longer.
  4. porthole

porthole Member

I have a couple sets yet. I'll look tomorrow to see exactly what I have.
    The main sets I have are 1 3/4" but I also have an excellent condition 1 1/2" pair that have a plenty big enough hub that they can be bored to size.

And yes, they were from my 42 Post (6-71 TI)

FWIIW, my dock neighbor hit the pipe two weeks ago. Cracked the lower units on both outboards, pair of fairly new 250's.

The dredge insurance company supposedly is picking up the tab.

If you hit the pipe - are you docking at Seth's place ?

Do you dive? I have a prop puller too.

That river is really in piss poor condition.
    I grounded my 21 Whaler a week ago, was stuck for about 20-30 minutes. In the channel !
  5. Rover1

Rover1 Member

I tried to go through the dredgers insurance but they really weren't being of any help. I went through mine and the company told me that they will go after the dredgers insurance so I guess it's a win.

Yes I Dock at seths place. I'm on B dock. I'm not Much of a diver. I prefer to look at sea creatures from the safety of my sofa. Haven't seen anyone get eaten by a shark on the sofa lol.
    That channel and river is just horrible! I've been boating out of that river my whole life and never once grounded. This year I've hite bottom 3 times and that stupid pipe to boot!
  6. porthole

porthole Member

I have 3 sets of props.

#1 is Federal Equi-quad 24x24 1.5" hub with plenty of stock to bore larger

Federal_Equi-quad_24x24_1.jpg

#2 is Federal Ni-bral 24x25 1.75" hub. These were my back up to my back up pair, and like others in the past, one blade needs to be repaired. One of the two props has the remains of marine growth corrosion.

Federal_Ni-bral_24x25_4.jpg

#3 S&S Katapult 23x24 1.75" hubs

Katapult_23x24_3.jpg
  7. porthole

porthole Member

The one main deciding factor when we decided to sell the big boat was the river. It got to the point that I couldn't travel around the island within 2 hours on either side of low tide.
    I started tying up at the fuel dock so often that I started buying fuel there (Belmar).

Remember when the dolphin (green light on the south end of the channel, AKA depression) was missing one of the pilings? I found it with one of my props the first year I had the Post.
  8. porthole

porthole Member

My buddy has a set of good props as well if you are interested, make an offer.
    3 blade 24x25, 1 3/4".
    His were off a 46 Ocean.
  9. My Affair

My Affair Member

I have two sets of original 3 blade 24 x 27 Federal wheels 1 3/4" shaft that came with the boat- if anyone needs them, please let me know what you'd consider for an offer. I recently went to 4 blade 24 x 22.5- Hy Torq.

Thank you.
  10. porthole

porthole Member

Staying there for 2018?
    Did Seth give you a yacht club flag?
  11. Rover1

Rover1 Member

Yes I'll be docked there again this summer. I did revive a yacht club flag which is on my bow. Right now I am stripping down my back bulk head to the wood and repainting it.
  12. porthole

porthole Member

Ok, I thought if you didn't have one I'd drop this off for a fellow Posty.

Attached Files:

13. Rover1

Rover1 Member

You can always stop by anyhow. Always welcome other post owners on board. My fridge is always stocked!
  14. porthole

porthole Member

Former Post owner now.
    But I do have a nice Post name plate and a great water color of our boat coming through the inlet.
    As far as I know, the name plate I have was used by Post at boat shows at the display.
  15. Rover1

Rover1 Member

That's pretty neat to have. I have a photo of my boat coming into shark river that I blow up. But a painting would be. Lot nicer!
  16. Jason0brown

Jason0brown New Member

After they are rebuilt they are usually set to 450 because they run better.