Click for Mag Bay Click for Cross Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Ocean Alexander

46 Post Owners

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Davidoc, Aug 29, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

Hey, Beau I think the Post forum is a great idea and it is the reason I subscribed in the first place.
  2. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Agree. There already have been some nice exchanges. I'm not sure that I correctly described how that email notication from the forum works. Maybe one of the MODS can tells us all.
  3. chesapeake46

Beau,

Have you been to any Post rendezous' up your way ?
    When they had them on the Bay here we met some great friends and also shared info.
    Post used to have an " Official " rendevous on the Bay every other year and the "off" years they were up your way.
    There are often unofficial rendezvous here on occasion as well.
  4. Beau

Beau Senior Member

I'm not aware of any redev's up here for Post, which is disappointing. When I was an Egg owner we had an annual at Essex or Montauk (they even let me come with my Post!) It was great fun. I thought of starting a Post Owners group for the NE, but couldn't really get it started. Maybe this forum will help? Egg would participate by bringing one or two of it's current models, and we had demo's/lectures by relevant product manufacturers. I'd be glad to work at starting such a group if the interest was there??

BTW, As you can see, you and I are the only one's talking about this.
  5. Island Runner

Island Runner Member

Hey, for what it's worth I wish there was a Post rendesvous down here in Florida. There are only 4 dealers for Post in the entire US and one of them happens to be in my small town. I'm going to contact them and see if they have any interest. They're Ocean dealers now too so maybe it'll be a Post/Ocean event. I can share...
  6. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Island Runner

Get one started, and I'm moving to Fla!
  7. Island Runner

Island Runner Member

Great idea! Come on down! If nothing else maybe we can all learn how to spell "rendezvous"!
  8. chesapeake46

Have you ever been to the factory in Mays Landing NJ ?
    My wife and I stopped in many years ago because we were in the neighborhood and they treated us to a tour.
    We were also taken on a tour during one of the rendezvous' in Wildwood NJ.
    Post got us a couple buses and showed us around.
    It was pretty neat.

I.R. if you get one started down in Fla it would be a great excuse to run down and vist the state !! Do it in the winter and we may not leave !
  9. Island Runner

Island Runner Member

I shot an email to the local Post dealer and asked if they had considered hosting/promoting an event and offered to help. I got a courteous reply from the GM that it was something they have thought about and they will "keep (me) in the loop." I also got an invite to stop by and chat and to take a look at the 42 they have in inventory.

So I think I will stop by and chat them up a bit and see if they really are thinking about this and I'll let you guys know. It may be too far for you guys in the northeast to come down for but if we could get something going down here maybe the factory and dealer in the northeast would get with the program and do likewise.
  10. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Haven't done it myself, but apparently the factory is very accomodating with visits and factory tours - but a "raft up" is a whole different experience. It is nice to walk and talk on the docks and see what others have done with their boats. Usually someone will have a bit of rum handy, too!
  11. Island Runner

Island Runner Member

I stopped in at the local Post dealer down here and had a nice chat with the owner and the general manager. They're "open" to the idea of some kind of rendezvous or event but nothing planned. They said Post is a rather low-key company and doesn't do much self-promotion in the best of times and as an example pointed out how little fuss they made of their 50th anniversary a few years ago. This in an industry where builders come and go in a few years.

Apparently Post opted not to participate in the recent Miami Boat Shows and the Ft. Lauderdale shows and that has fueled speculation and rumors that the company was out of business. Not true. Just pulled back in the slow economy and are focusing on limited production and their refit program.

My take away from the conversation was that the factory/dealer network is running lean and not likely to sponsor any events. Doesn't rule out informal get-togethers or owner driven activities. But I think the ball is in the owner's court to make anything happen.