Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Delta Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn

430 motors ?

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by gibson36, Oct 13, 2005.

1. gibson36

gibson36 Member

there is a old chris not sure what kind (wood) at my harbor that they are gona scrap it has 2 430 motors in it with low hours 400 or so, I can have them if i want them do you guy's and girl's know any thing about that type motor ? they have tras as well. im gona strip all the parts from the boat so if anyone needs anything let me know it looks to be all there lot's of parts :) im like a kid in a candy shop with power tools .....lol
  2. LHYDE

LHYDE New Member

CHris Craft Roamer Parts

I am in process of restoration of a 35' Chris Craft Roamer and have need for 430 Lincoln parts. Please advise if available. Thanks.
  3. cajunroamer

cajunroamer New Member

I am interested in the port engine complete with transmission. Will pick up.
  4. dogsharks

dogsharks Guest

Hi guys, I hope someone got those motors, because with only 400 hours they are capable of wearing out several other owners. More often than not, marine motors sit around and don't get used much. Low hours like that won't show much running wear, but corrosion might be an issue on electricals, perhaps elsewhere internally. If they had good oil and were run reasonably, they're able to run for many years.

Here is a file for you Roamer guys, who (also) use the 430 motors in your boats. Our commanders came with them in 1964 and 1965, until CC transitioned over to the 427. For your reading enjoyment

http://www.network54.com/Forum/503931/thread/1149538038/last-1149538038

Regards, Paul
    "dogsharks"