Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Delta

43 Post questions

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Greg Page, Feb 27, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Same set up with my old Ocean, it came that way already with 50amps split to A-120v/B-120v.
  2. Greg Page

Greg Page Active Member

If an owner would be willing to look in the helm access and see which terminal strip and terminal a couple wires attach to It would be a help in re-installing some missing on my boat. I want to reconnect the fuel gauge sender/signal wires (I'd like to have the analog tank levels along with the digital fuel burn readouts on the engine displays, all the rest of the gauges are now CANBUS). Also the prior owner installed new indicator lights but didn't hook them up so need to find where the wires to the bilge pump, halon, and generator status lights come from. Some may have been in one of the DD harnesses which are no longer there but I'm hoping at least some are part of the boat harness to the terminal blocks.

Is there an access panel to the top of the holding tank? Would like to inspect the lines/fittings there and see if there is a tank full indicator somewhere. The tank drain under the galley floor I found.

Does anyone know the manufacturer and model of the fuel transfer pump? Mine doesn't seem to have a data plate or is buried under the rust.

Thanks
  3. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Captain Greg.
    This just popped up in my mind you’re close to Worton Creek Marina on the Eastern shore just outside of Chestertown Maryland.
    Perhaps you pay a visit and talk to John LeClair or John Patnovic they may have wiring diagrams and various parts that might help you out.
    You may just have to drive over and try to finesse your way in there and get permission to look around for what you need in their shed. Or Post books/files , if they have them.
    Not sure how eager they would be to help you out over the phone you know how that goes.
  4. Barney Hauf

Barney Hauf Member

Holding tank access is under the guest stateroom bottom bunk
    My fuel transfer pump is a Reverso - Not sure if that is original equipment.. Suspect not.
  5. Greg Page

Greg Page Active Member

I pulled out the drawers and looked under the bunk but didn't see a obvious hatch. Do I need to crawl in or does the bunk bottom unscrew so you can get access under the bunk that way?

Wonder if the reverso pump is the same as the one in the oil change system. Will take a look and see if it is rated for diesel.

Thanks
  6. boatpoor

boatpoor Active Member

If I remove the mattress from the lower bunk there is a removable piece of plywood over the holding tank.
  7. mwwhit1

mwwhit1 Senior Member

I have a reverso for fuel transfer. The pump is not different for oil or fuel transfer. The impeller rubber is different. when you search for impellers, you will see one rated for diesel and one for oil.
  8. Greg Page

Greg Page Active Member

Thanks
  9. Greg Page

Greg Page Active Member

I found the holding tank access under the bunk. The tank is behind the drawers which is why I couldn't see any access through there. The panel in the bottom bunk removes to expose the whole tank. Beast holding tank access I've seen. It doesn't have a tank full sensor, so I may try to add that. I also found the heading sensor for the old/unused Robertson autopilot. Too bad they didn't put the new Garmin sensor in the same place.

Thanks
  10. Stainless45

Stainless45 Active Member

If it's a plastic tank like mine hold a flashlight to the top and view through the side- will tell you how full it is. My 46 has I think a 30-gal thank. Fills up pretty quick
  11. Greg Page

Greg Page Active Member

Can't easily see the side, it fills the opening pretty well.