Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno Click for Delta

41' Hatteras Convertable

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by joesig, Aug 10, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. joesig

joesig New Member

I have been looking at the 41' Hatteras convertable's and have herd about the cored hull bottoms on some models. What year did they stop using this method? I know the corring is used on the hull sides but dosen't seem to be an issue.
    Thanks,
    joesig
  2. grady

grady New Member

Joesig

I have also been looking at 41C's in the 1980s.

The Cust Service folks at Hatteras can advise you if a specific hull ID# has a cored bottom. I have supplied a hull ID# of a 1986 41C and they were able to confirm that it was a foam cored bottom. Although I was not able to get confirmation of exact yrs and qty of 41C built with cored bottoms, my understanding is that there may have been as many as 25 built with cored bottoms.

With a specific hull ID# they will confirm construction.

Hope this helps

Grady
  3. joesig

joesig New Member

cored bottoms

Grady,
    Thanks for the information, I followed up with the factory by providing the hull ID numbers on the boat I was looking at and they confirmed it had a cored hull bottom.
    Thanks, joesig
  4. grady

grady New Member

Joesig

What year boat was it and does the cored bottom eliminate it from your consideration?
  5. joesig

joesig New Member

41 C Hatteras

Grady,
    It was a 1986 41 C Hatteras. After finding out from the factory it had a cored bottom I decided not to consider the boat.
    joesig
  6. grady

grady New Member

Joesig

I too am afraid of the cored bottom boats although the 86 41C is a good looking boat otherwise. I am still not completely sold on the Galley up layout but do like that boat style .

What are your thoughts on the power you have been finding in the 80s SF boats ( ie 6V71 @ 465HP vs 6V92 @ 550HP)

good look in your search

Grady