Click for Furuno Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker

40 Post sport fisher (wood)

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by newtopost, Sep 25, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

I saw the boat today with the top cut off, what happened?
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Maybe he plans on shipping her over the road?
  3. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

I saw this on ebay today:

1974 40'

When did post stop producing wood boats?
    was there a time when they were producing both wood and Fglass boats?

Post 40ft Sportfisherman | eBay
  4. newtopost

newtopost New Member

Lady Marion

Hi Everyone.
    Sorry for the extended delay in posting as i was knee deep in the work need to get the lady marion back into condition.
    We found a marina Anglers Avenue that was very helpful and willing to have the boat (Thanks to Sedat)
    I put in a steady month of work stripping out the rotten wood in the transom cutting new marine ply glueing and screwing layers of ply together to rebuild the corners.We used starboard inboard on the back deck and patched some foredeck leaks with new wood epoxy and painted.The engines were checked and ran first time as did the genny and the bottom was repainted and we splashed her on the slings for a night.
    Due to the demand for the sling and lack of slip we put her back on the hard where she is now waiting to get back into the water.
    I reinstalled the VHF installed a garmin gps gave the interior a good clean and purchased 3 new batteries.
    the biggest disappointment was that i did not wait to coat the bottom with sani-tred permaflex as i had wanted to do since starting the project.
    I will have it applied the permaflex but will now have to restrip the hull of its new bottom paint for an application of sani-tred coating.i will attach some photos of the work.

Attached Files:

5. JAQUES

JAQUES New Member

jaques

Hi Lady Marion

Looking at your project is like looking into a mirror.I am in the final stages of completing a major on a Post 40 1975.I imported PHANTOM from the east coast of Australia where it lived from 1975.I now have it in Perth.
    I am a shipwright and have gone to town on the make over.I have cut a stack of weight out of it and with 370 hp iveco diesels and can cruise at 22 and wot 26.5 knts.I have made a couple of hull changes such as laminating a conventional chine baton or spray rail and this has lifted the bow and made her very dry.Also lengthed the keel as they like to bow steer.I am antifouling next week and i will post some pics

Good luck
  6. Garrbo

Garrbo Member

very curious as to how this turned out!! the Post is on the top of my list of Fav's, please let me know. Ive resently lost my ride and the Post is maybe my next , so would love to see your latest. Please post us !!!
  7. Garrbo

Garrbo Member

I think that was mine
  8. Garrbo

Garrbo Member

I saw this on ebay today:

1974 40'

When did post stop producing wood boats?
    was there a time when they were producing both wood and Fglass boats?

Post 40ft Sportfisherman | eBay
  9. mwwhit1

mwwhit1 Senior Member

All wood boats stopped when the 42 was introduced in 1975. 1974 and older, 40' and smaller are all wood.

A good compromise for you could be a 1975\1976 42. They had fiberglass hulls but wood house\front deck. So you can still have the joy of fixing and painting wood with the safety of a thick all glass hull.

I think late 76 or early 77 the house and deck were made with glass.