Click for JetForums Click for Perko Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Furuno

3D parametric Yacht Design

Discussion in 'Yacht Designers Discussion' started by tartanski, Nov 5, 2004.

1. jmr

jmr New Member

According to my experience at several yards that build mega yachts, I can say a combination between Tribon and CAD-Systems like Unigraphics are well done on the field. The concepts were done in Ungiraphics. In Tribon they do the steelworks of the hull and some difficult parts of the ship in Unigraphics. Pipeworks can be done in Unigraphics or PDMS (AVEVA). Partdatabase can be actualized in Unigraphics.
    For Pipeworks in Unigraphics we can get from Tribon SOLID Model of the steel in Parasolids.

You can do ALOT ship surfacing in Unigraphics even with better performance than Rhino. I even would prefer this, because I can limit the number of FACES on the hull and dictate the density of for example Finite Element Mesh inside Unigraphics NX NAstran. Yes, Unigraphics has ALOT of module :D

cheers,

JMR
  2. jmr

jmr New Member

You can do it with Expressions or program the code your self with Visual Basic. For sailing yachts, this would be not that difficult ;-)

3. archnav.de

archnav.de Senior Member

You are right, the only point you are missing to tell is, that all the shipyards are doing the ship theory ( compartments, damage stability and so on) and the hull form with NAPA and that there is any concept missing to get an early classification 3D-steel model, which is normally -necessary for good coordination between steel and outfitting. Nordseewerke , who is also belonging to Thyssen but is not involved in Mega Yachts, tries to close the cap with NAPA-Steel . They also gamble with Tribon Bacic Design, but didn't succeed.

For equipment handling we developed a solution. The result was discussed with all relevant German shipyards and declared to be the optimum. Please try the following example.
    http://www.archnav.de/HATLAPA_Commpressor_L9L14_rev2_.pdf

If you have connected .step files to your CAD-System you only need to double click the file and the equipment will be open within your CAD-system.

Cheers

Bernd