Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for Furuno Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder

36' Pacific Bluefin Sportfisher.

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by RRIPP1, Nov 30, 2010.

1. RRIPP1

RRIPP1 New Member

Does anybody know anything about these boats?
  2. tumbleweed tim

tumbleweed tim New Member

Cold molded mahogany in Honduras. Designed by a guy from southern cal and he had them made in Honduras. They are well thought of around here. Not a million of them made but a few are still around. That is my story and I am sticking to it.
  3. captjb

captjb New Member

Pacific Blue Fin

Designed by Larry Drake and sold by Pacifica marine in Newport Beach.
    Well liked and sold well until the glass begain falling off. Plywood made in Honduras was still wet when the boats where built and took a long time to dry out and in later years where prone to rot under loose glass. I haven't seen one in a long time.
  4. RER

RER Senior Member

Yes they were built in Honduras and sold at Pacifica Marine in Newport Beach... in 34' and 40' models. (Some 34's were re-sold on the brokerage market as 35') Many were painted with accent striping to resemble the more expensive SoCal built fiberglass Pacifica leading them to be dubbed 'the poor man's Pacifica' ... I've seen them on Yachtworld with specs that say it was designed by Larry Drake but I'm pretty sure it was Howard Apollonio.