Click for Burger Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno

36' Aluminum 1964 one of 25 unit number 24/25 !!

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer: Buy/Sell/Trade' started by iaranicki, Feb 5, 2011.

1. iaranicki

iaranicki Member

Yes she is an Aluminum hull! I was searching for this hull for 5 years it is one of the 25 produced between 1963 and 1964. During my search I found 11 of the 25 this one was the best original hull that I have seen.
    It is with incredible regrets that I just have to give up on finishing this boat I moved back to Europe and the boat is in Rochester, NY I guess you understand my problem using her....
    The Aluminum hull was the absolute top of the range in the early 60s in 1963 only 10 unit were produced in Aluminum the in 1964 15 were produced this specific hull is the number 14 over 15 in 1964 which makes it the 24/25 totally produced.
    After 47 years this boat is still based in the original Marina where it was sold as new, I have all data from the Mariner Museum with the original invoice from 1964!
    It is in an outstanding original condition with 2 new Chrysler 440 (that what the previous owner said) it is light and fast.
    If you are looking for a project with minor works this probably is opportunity you will not find anytime soon.
    So what was done?
    - 2 Chrysler 440's with new carburetors
    - All chrome part of the boat was re-plated Chromes look like new.
    - Sanded all the bottom of the hull bear Aluminum which testifies of the perfection of the hull no bump no corrosion!!
    - Cover of the aft outstanding quality paid 7000$
    - No rotten wood anywhere other than below windows of the hard top sides
    So what is left to have it full finish?
    - Sanded bottom ready to be painted with the bottom paint of your choice
    - Fixe a minor leak at the Rudders.
    - Wood panel to be replaced below the side windows of the Hard top and reinstall windows frame and rail in good.
    - My intension was to remove the paint on the hard top frame and varnish the Mahogany (but this your choice paint or varnish)
    - The sealing under the hard top was replaced with varnished wood my intension was to put back the original white sealing (again your choice).
    - Inside the cabin all wood is very good but like all of these boats the front window has to be resealed.
    - Rev dials don't work since the original Engine were GM replaced with Chryslers. Connector are different but I have the details of a company that is turning the original mechanical dials in electronic one's for couple of Hundred $.
    So if you are a Roamer fan this your best opportunity to own the first series of Aluminium hulls.
  2. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Do you have any photos?

My Roamer is from Rochester.. bet this boat is at Riverside as that's who sold them originally Don somebody.
  3. woodlund94

woodlund94 New Member

Do you have pictures and price?
  4. iaranicki

iaranicki Member

hi,
    the price is $19000 attached are the 5 pics I can upload on this site but send me private mail to iaranicki@gmail.com
    I have tons of pics that I can send them by mail with a much better defintion.
    where are you located?

Attached Files: