Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn

2019 Palm Beach Boat Show

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by YachtForums, Apr 2, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

GREAT weather, sub-average attendance. The show was smaller this year. Word on the docks was slip space has become too expensive. Walked through "Mary P" with Billy Smith, the former president of Trinity. The boat had just been freshly painted and for a 10 year old boat, it looked brand new, inside & out. I wrote a review on Mary P here...

https://www.yachtforums.com/review/trinity-yachts-122-sportfish-mary-p.17288/

Also, attended a post-show party and overheard some folks talking about the level of knowledge on YF. Thought you guys would appreciate hearing that! :)

Attached Files:

2. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

There were some nice boats: a 1957 Feadship which resembles a canal boat; the first Expedition Feadship, ANGIAMO; a beautiful Rybovich restoration called RINO; the great Chesapeake buy boat rebuilt as a yacht, COASTAL QUEEN.
    Best,
    Maldwin
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

IDK, Viking had at least 15 sportfish there from what I could see from afar. A few manufacturers and dealers I've spoken to had a good show and good sales from the show.
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I read no more Gen-Sets on the shore for the boats. All are operating from the local FPL power grid.
    New transformers and power management thingies.
  5. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I don’t understand the point of the WPB show being so close to Miami anyway...
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

It's sandwiched in there because it gives Northern buyers an opportunity to buy, sea trial and close on a yacht before the Northern season starts. Also a lot of people aren't driving down from Palm Beach or North of Palm Beach to Miami to see the show. It seems like FLIBS attracts everyone and really kicks off the start of the buying season. Then Miami caters to mostly a Central and South American crowd in addition to Miami residents......and Palm Beach Caters to a Northern crowd and Northern Florida...…..as far as customers go.