Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Furuno Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport

2016 Volvo Penta duo prop buzzer and triangle

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Whaler20, May 15, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Whaler20

Whaler20 New Member

Hello all. A friend of mine passed away in March who owned a 2015 Regal 32 bow rider with twin 300HP Volvo Penta dual props with 108 Hrs. His wife asked me to help her move the boat from the ramp over to their club today. The storing dealer dropped the boat into the water and I started my journey. As soon as I cleared the mouth of the Huron River and ran it up to 3000 RPMs, I got a buzz and a triangle with an ! In the middle on the top Volvo Penta display. The short buzzer went off about every 15 or 20 seconds. I finally hit the OK button on the digital readout and the buzzing stopped but then a fault message appeared above the OK button. The boat seemed to run fine. I didn’t notice any loss of power or any issues going on. Anybody have any ideas on this one? Would greatly appreciate any help or advice. Thank you in advance.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

You have to figure out how to navigate the menus to find the event message. I would advise to get a Volvo tech in there ASAP.
    If is was a serious error, It would need to be attended to quickly.
    I assume all wants to protect the investments and values.

I am sorry for your friends passing. Times like this do offer challenges on/for the survivors.

,Ralph
  3. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

The electronic controls probably just need a reset. A 5 minute job for a Volvo tech. If it keeps doing it, then the fun starts.