Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay Click for Walker

2011 Miami Boat Show

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by captnrontx, Dec 7, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Believe it.
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

3. JustMag

JustMag Member

I noticed MadSummer was there sporting her new colors.........how did she look??
  4. YachtForums

Diesel One,

You'll be happy to hear there's a go-fast option just for you. You'll need to change your screen name to Diesel Two...

Attached Files:

5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I find it difficult to imagine anyone stupid enough to run across the water at those speeds. Then again, I really don't.
  6. YachtForums

Thankfully a man's testosterone level decreases with age, otherwise we'd never live to be old enough to tell our children how fast we were. ;)

BTW Cap, I'd go a buck-fifty on the water anytime. Call me stupid... :D
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I'll watch from shore and let you choose an appropriate adjective when you hit floatsam at 150.:eek:
  8. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

View of the show from the top of "Showtime" 125' ABS classed Broward.

[​IMG]
  9. AffrayedKnot

AffrayedKnot Senior Member

New Name, not new colors...
    The former Madsummer; 2008 79m Lürssen is now "TV"
    and
    The former TV; 2008 44.65m Feadship is now "Madsummer"
  10. JustMag

JustMag Member

Thanks for clearing that up............actually had to read that a few times before it sunk in. So , with out disclosing any names, does that mean that the owner of the big Madsummer went down in size and the owner of the smaller TV went up??? Just wondering if the Yacht name follows the owners.
  11. AffrayedKnot

AffrayedKnot Senior Member

:) Not that complicated... Two boats one owner. The owner of the original TV purchased the former Madsummer this past fall and switched the names of the two vessels.

Seemingly attached to the name TV, the keeper maintains this name, and the boat that needs to go, absorbed the latter's name as well as the ship's monogrammed soft goods, and utility markings. Personally branding a vessel can be a very costly endeavor.
  12. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Saturday afternoon my wife & I met up with Carl for drinks at Pier 66 and managed to top that Blackhawk by a factor of 2. One very noisy Chinook flew low over Port Everglades (and by low I mean at the level of the 17th Street bridge) and disappeared out of site to the West. I wasn't fast enough to get a pic though.
  13. zudnic

zudnic Senior Member

14. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The guys mentioned that the boat was completely smooth and never felt like it was out of control or "loose". They said it felt like you were doing 30 mph in a 35' center console on the bay. The boat they had in the show was a sistership with a beautiful orange/black paint scheme. Very little amazes me in the boating community, but this did. They had to be super super careful pulling in and out of their slip because the boat doesn't have a rub rail, it would be paint on wood.
  15. catmando

catmando Senior Member

Have to make sure the fenders are out BEFORE you pull into the slip.

For a 48' boat to run almost 180mph with only 2700hp, not to mention over 800 extra pounds of electronics and cabin weighing it down, is phenomenal.
  16. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The one at the show was a sistership to the one in the article. Not sure if it had all of the extra gear on this one or not. What really surprised me is that they didn't have the passangers sign a liability waiver or anything.

There was NOWHERE to tie the fenders to from what I saw.......They were dolphin pilings they were pulling in between.
  17. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Wow, That is really quite clever!
  18. 84far

84far Senior Member

Hey, did any one end up seeing the new Jarrett Bay 46, I think it was meant to have some big opening or something...? I beleive a Nascar driver was behind it all? Cheers

Far
  19. pbekker

pbekker New Member

at post #34

the photo above the heesen 3700 serie, is this not the never delievert heesen yachts "karyatis" with a new name ????
  20. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

The JB 46 was built for NASCAR's Jeff Burton, driver of the #31 car. That's why they had Burton's car out front.
    Here's a shot of the JB 46 at night. Sorry but had to put my copyright on it as I sent the photo to JB for their use. The cool thing is that there is a lower helm station to starboard as the yacht may be cruised in less than ideal weather locations. Hey Jeff, need a captain?

Attached Files: