Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross Click for Comfort Click for Perko

2007 Palm Beach Boat Show - Check In Here

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by CaptTom, Mar 19, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Brandonw,
    Thanks for the good picture of Fortuna 2, that is the 87' Northcoast that I was working at the show. I wish you had stopped to say Hello. I did see Capt Tom and he got a lot of great shots for us all to enjoy, and Carl came by for a tour of Fortuna 2. He said he was very impressed, which says a lot coming from him.
    Tucker Fallon
  2. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

$$$ Millions in damage?

Did anyone catch wind of the knucklehead who decided to run his 60' power cat by the boat show on Saturday pulling a 4' wake behind?
    There was an uproar yesterday morning when all the unmanned boats were discovered damaged.
    Our passerelled rolled off the dock (more likely the dock came out from under it since I had anchors out and spring lines so tight that you could play the theme from Deliverance on them! Luckily, our stewardess caught it quickly and the rest of the crew wasn't too far away at Bradley's.
  3. Fortuna 2 had prop damage from hitting the bottom when the big wake rolled in from that idiot. The boat next to us had a transom door broken off it's hinges and a line up of Sea Rays rolled into each other on the other side of the dock, and had platform damage also.
    The Marine Patrol was called and came over to the boat show to take reports, they had a name of the boat from the bridge tender but said that any damages were a civil matter, they could not arrest the operator. A case number was given to the captain of Fortuna 2, if anyone else had damage, the Marine Patrol should be informed.
    Tucker Fallon
  4. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Well that really sucks. You guys put in all this work and put up all that dough to get your yachts in the show and looking their best, and some (enter your favorite swear word here) jerk has got to ruin it for so many. Now they'll have to get full time security patrolling the waterway, passing the cost to the exhibitors. sorry to hear of so much damage.
  5. Talon

Talon Senior Member

On the next show have someone in a Fast Torpedo Motor Launch
    & fire something into him!!!

It's 4ft long and would stop him DEAD!!, may leave a little wake, but then.....
  6. etienne

etienne New Member

Hello,

Yes AMG, you're right. This monohull is called "Pegasus 80" and is an evolution from the "Jet Ruban Bleu" a motorboat built to attempt the Blue Ribban trophy in the 90's. I don't know if this boat is the only built. Maybe more does exist.
    Please brandonw, do you have other photos from this boat ?

Kind regards from France,
    Etienne

7. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

Hi Folks,

Just picked up this thread.

What's the 'big black hole' all about? :confused: