Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Comfort

2005 Lake MI Roamer Rendezvous!!!?

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Yana, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Yana

Yana New Member

Hey Guys!
    I got a new job!. (This is why I can suddenly afford to awlgrip Jollymon)
    I will be GM at a super-marina-to-be located in Kewaunee, WI.
    see: http://www.innerharbormarina.us/IHM2002/index3.html.
    I smell a ROAMER RENDEZVOUS, now that I have CONTROLL!!! Who is in?
    I'm thinking mid-to late August....them a crossing over to MI - there's a wedding in Traverse City and a friend to visit at Harbor Springs...How many Roamers are out there in Great Lakes area that might want to come and cruise??? I smell cajun shrimp BBQ already(and of course, brats, beers and cheese curds for the uninitiated)! I think we should invite other metal boats as well - like the Marinette folks - could this be the start of a metal boat festival? What do you think? Anyone interested? Yana
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Funny you posted about your new job... I just received a press release about you! :D

Here it is...

Inner Harbor Marina, one of Lake Michigan’s premier deep-water marinas located in Kewaunee, Wisconsin, has named a new General Manager. Ms.Yana Hodkiewicz, an area marine industry veteran, has been tapped for the job. Ms. Hodkiewicz recently served as V.P. of Marketing for a Green Bay area boat dealer. In the past she managed Green Bay City Centre Marina and was also owner/operator of Skippers Choice Marine Supply, a boating parts retail store.

Inner Harbor Marina, located 23 miles from Green Bay, is a full service marina and Yacht Club. Featuring 130 slips, the facility can accommodate vessels to100 feet, and features heated storage, a private ramp, a boat rack storage facility for boats to 32’, and a 35-ton capacity boat lift. Nick Thimis, Owner and President of IHM, will remain on hand to execute plans for the expansion of both services and facilities at the Marina, which include construction of a restaurant, resort facilities, vacation condominiums, as well as Megayacht storage and services.

“One of my first goals will be to promote the marina as a destination, not just a stop along the way”, says Yana, “This is an incredible facility with a lot to offer – and its only a 25 minute drive from Green Bay- it should be a competitive alternative for those looking for a full service facility to keep their boats. Inner Harbor Marina is already known as great launch point for world class Salmon and Trout fishing…I want to put it on the map for its outstanding service to the cruising and yachting community as well.”
  3. Yana

Yana New Member

Roamer Romp Lake MI - Jollymon

Okay Roamers of the Great Lakes...we are departing Kewaunee, WI on or about
    Wednesday August 17th and returning on or about the 24th...headed to Traverse City, MI, area....possibly Ludington...or perhaps some harbor with other Roamers who tell us to stop in...

Any/All Roamer types who want to try and rub fenders with, we mix a good drink!
  4. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Show off (pls)!

Photos, photoz,...we want photos. Of the meetings and your NEW hull paint.
    Sounds fair, no?
    Eric
  5. Yana

Yana New Member

Photo...

Okay there will be more but this is all I've got for now... :)

Attached Files:

6. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Retro Revisited

Wow!
    The new Roamer Picnic cruiser.
    Very Hinckley!
    Now thatz a great looking Riviera. Great job, and thanx for letting us see her.
    Cant imagine what the next photos will look like. :p
    Again, great job!
    Cheers,
    Eric
    PS - Nice mast!
  7. Yana

Yana New Member

Over the 4th July, when there is a big party in downtown Green Bay, we cruised past the marina down there and we heard comments like "Is that the new Roamer?" and "is that a new Hinckley? That was fun! Thanks for the kind comments, we just got our new canvas drop curtains so I am overdue for a pic of that...PS we are scheduled to depart Aug 17th on our Lake MI adventure, hope to see some out there in Leland/Traverse City area!
    Yana
  8. Yana

Yana New Member

couple more pics...

...and some detail on how the toe rail turned out...note our nice green water...hence the term "Green Bay"!

Attached Files:

9. Capt Keller

Capt Keller New Member

Sorry, can't make it...

LOL Just spent $1,800.00 in gasoline to get her home here on Lake Erie from lower Lake Michigan. Maybe next year though.

Capt John S. Keller
    Great Lakes Pilot
  10. CaptainRoamer

CaptainRoamer New Member

We're in Lake St. Clair. Just a hop, skip, and jump from Detroit. Were you going to make it down our way? We've been having engine trouble so we can't make it up your way. Let us know if you were planning on coming through here.
  11. Yana

Yana New Member

2006?

Hey Matt....we should try again? Where's a good mid-point for you to travel west and for us to travel east? I never did get a chance to post about our trip this past summer to Michigan. Some great sites to see and the water is beautiful, great beaches! We love Michigan! Of course we went during the only ****** week last Summer, consequently, we got to find out first hand how our Roamer performs in 8-10' waves. We would average a pretty good 13-14-15 mph, then surf right up to 29 mph! (gps speed). Only twice experienced cavitation, which was a little disconcerting. Never felt unsafe, never felt like she couldn't handle it. The folks who were traveling with us in a '04 Big Chaparral (probably one of the best built production boats on the market today), they couldn't believe how well we traveled in the rough stuff compared to their boat. Ofcourse, they could kick our butts on flat water, but I would trade fair-weather-handling for bad-weather-handling any day. We managed a respectable 18-23 mph the whole trip and used about 1.37 gallons of gas per mile. Not too bad for big 427s, I would think. Some pics for your viewing pleasure.

Attached Files:

12. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Looking Good

NOt sure what you did to those 427s, but the side shot of Jolleymon III running reveals the "truth" - w/more of the underside exposed than even the best CC brochure shots, we all "wonder" how well "rebuilt" they truly are. :p
    In any case, the paint job looks fabulous.
    Keep up the great work Yana!
    Cheers,
    Eric
    "Tin Tonic"
  13. CaptainRoamer

CaptainRoamer New Member

Yana,

We're just getting our port engine and transmission rebuilt this year. We'll have to see how she goes back together before we can decide how far we're going with her! We had to limp all last year to avoid scrapping the season.

Where are you located? We'd also have to see when our vacations fall from work. I'd love to try to work something out, maybe get a few others to tag along...we can show those Commander people how it's done!
  14. Yana

Yana New Member

Tut, tut, Eric - Ye of little faith. :) I will be more than happy to supply actual current photos of the insides of Jollymon (hey can we post video clips on this site?) Maybe I will have to take the picture with a copy of that day's Press Gazette to prove it!!... ....furthermore, those are her ORIGINAL engines, and they have NEVER been rebuilt.:D

She did benefit greatly however, from a switch to higher cfm Edelbrock carbureator, new plugs, hi-end wires, electronic ignition and coil (that was huge), not to mention a tune-up with a mechanic who knows what he's doing.

She ran absolutely great. Top end is about 28 mph, although I know she can do more due to the fact that she was limited on the starboard side by a lower cfm carb (incorrect edelbrock installed by the DPO). The port side was ready to do more!

Maybe her bow height in the photo was due to hitting a wave at just the right time for the photo...maybe she isn't weighed down with a whole bunch of stuff - her weight in the travellift at the YC is about 15,000.

And Matt - home port is Green Bay, WI though I can jump off from Kewaunee, WI, the marina where I work, for a trip like this.