Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Walker

2004 Lauderdale Boat Show Report

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by YachtForums, Oct 28, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I'll update this thread each day if I have a chance...

1. Hatteras Yachts displayed the new 80' Skylounge and the new 68' wide-beam Convertible sportfish at their annual pre-boat show party last night. This party is always very well attended and professionally organized. Both of these boats give a new meaning to full walk-around engine rooms, as there is not only a complete 360 degree access to the engines, but there is equally good access UNDERNEATH the engines as well! The engines are literally mounted in the middle (vertically) of the engine room

2. In speaking with Mike Kelsey from Palmer Johnson, the new 123' debut will be postponed for another month while the final rigging is completed. According to Mike, it will feature a pearlescent-white finish that changes color. I met with the designer of the new 123', who was from the team of Nuvolari & Lenard, the same design group behind the new Oceanco "Y701" Expedition Yacht featured on the front page of YachtForums.

3. I spoke with Dick Lazzara for quite awhile and we'll be doing a feature story on the new Lazzara 68-S, that outlines several new technologies they developed and incorporated into this yacht. I didn't get a chance to go onboard yet, but looking at the finish and detail on the exterior, it is world-class.

And the best part of the pre-show... was the look on the faces of other publishers when they saw the YachtForums logo on my shirt. Priceless!! :D
  2. YachtForums

Good Morning Everyone...

It's around 7:30 AM on Friday morning. I've got lots to tell you about, but I'll have to post it a little later.

A couple of things really stood-out at the show yesterday...

The first was the new Millennium 140'. I had the opportunity to tour the boat and it's quite impressive. The engine room alone is mind-boggling. It's SO long, you could throw a Frisbee and it will fall short. With twin 5000 hp diesels and twin turbines connected to custom built transmissions... I haven't seen his much plumbing since I boarded a nuclear submarine. :eek:

And this is the 2nd thing I noticed... :)

Attached Files:

3. thomed

thomed New Member

Laud Boat Show

Enjoyed the show yesterday also.

Peter Kehoe was nice enough to show us through Staluppi's Nice N Easy, a 127' Crescent. WOW!!

Today, may tour his other toy, The World is Not Enough, 139' Millennium, that they hope next week will do over 70 knots in sea trial!!!! No helmet required, yeehaa!!!!!

Carl, does yachtforums have a booth, or maybe favorite bar stool at the beer tents to gather at?

Tom Dogan, from NW Indiana, havin' a great time at the show.

Also, what's the largest boat in the show? Anyone know? Is Octopus here?
  4. YachtForums

Hi Tom,

No booth this year. Instead, I'm flying the banners seen in the previous post. Seems to be working well! :)

I'm out walking the docks and saying hello to friends. Hope to see you!

Best to all!
  5. YachtForums

Hi all...

Just a quick report. Several new models on display...

1. Riva's new center console. (promoceanmodels sent us pics of the model a couple of months ago). They are in a thread somewhere on the site. Can't remember where right now. Possibly under the Riva forum.

2. Sunseeker has a new 100+' motoryacht on display that's really radical, in sensational Sunseeker style.

3. Pershing has a new 115' motor yacht at the show that is very slick. It's kind of a cross between an express cruiser and a motor yacht. It's low profile in stature with very vogue Italian styling. We'll have a feature story on it soon.

I'll update this thread with new findings tomorrow. :)

Best to all!
  6. YachtForums

Here's a couple of quick pics on the new SunRiva I previously mentioned. I've got the press kit on it with complete images, but that will have to wait for another time. Lots of catching up to do around here...

Attached Files:

7. YachtForums

From another angle. It's a beautiful center console boat, but... it's also $500K!!! :eek:

Attached Files:

8. YachtForums

How do you fit an 80 meter expedition yacht into the tender garage of Oceanco's Alpha IV? Very carefully...

This is the display model of Oceanco's new "Y701" project featured on the front page of YachtForums.

Attached Files:

9. YachtForums

Here's a picture of the new Sunseeker 108' I mentioned in the above post. I wasn't able to take a good picture at the Lauderdale show, as it was tightly flanked by other boats, and a press kit was not available yet.

I went by Sunseeker's Florida facility today and took this picture. Thought you might enjoy seeing it here first... :)

Attached Files: