Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking Click for Cross Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking

2001 Sunseeker Superhawk 40 Refurbishing

Discussion in 'Sunseeker Yacht' started by ddersohia, Aug 6, 2009.

1. ddersohia

ddersohia New Member

I am a newly registered member to this forum and am hoping that someone can give me some feedback regarding the above referenced vessel. This particular Sunseeker actually was submerged and I am looking at purchasing from a salvage company. Of course, information is non-existant regarding what happened and condition of all systems. I have briefly inspected this boat but I know that all electrical systems will have to be replaced and propulsion units repaired/replaced.

I know very little about these boats but my limited research indicates that this is a very well built boat with a great reputation. My biggest concern is not the ability to fix all systems and refurbish the boat but I am more concerned what damage may have been done to the sole of the boat and whether the vessel may be waterlogged. Engines and drive systems are all salvageable and everything else will have to be replaced or repaired. Hull is in excellent shape. Any feedback would be certainly appreciated.
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

They are nice boats (when floating). I think you should try to find out for how long the boat was submerged, it can make the difference when it comes to both structural and mechanical damage.
  3. ddersohia

ddersohia New Member

I have asked for that information from anyone who would listen to me. Unfortunately, no one seems to know and , if they know, won't say (don't want to mess up the deal?). I would like to find out more about the construction/stringer system of this boat but I could get very little usefull information from Sunseeker's website. Any ideas? Thanks!!
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I you are lucky (remember it is vacation season) we have a member who can answer more on Sunseeker construction. Just hang on...
  5. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

You should have a pm by now.
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

If she's been submerged the extent of the damage all depends on where, in what and for how long. Since you can't get that information you have to come from the other direction and bring enough expertise (surveyor or personal knowledge) to check it out and tell you what needs to be done and how much it will cost. Otherwise you've got a pig in a poke. She could have sank for 5 minutes in a fresh water lake or she could be from Katrina.
    You may also be able to trace her history through registrations and the hull ID#. That may also lead to a C.G. report on the sinking.