Click for Burger Click for Northern Lights Click for MotorCheck Click for Mulder Click for Abeking

1995 Jefferson Rivanna 52 owner

Discussion in 'Jefferson Yacht' started by Asti, May 14, 2018.

1. Asti

Asti New Member

I’m new to this forum. Intersted on information on this brand from other owners. I own a 1995 Jefferson Rivanna 52, third owner. This yacht was updated with MAN 2866LE405 engines. Upgraded to Mathers electronic throttles, water maker and Naiad stabilizers.

Attached Files:

2. offshore1

offshore1 New Member

Greetings
    Why MAN engines ?
    I have heard they are expensive to maintain as MAN requires frequent maintenance.
  3. Asti

Asti New Member

The previous owner replace the Cummings to Man’s due to poor performance of the Cummings on this yacht. Yes, the parts are expensive, but so far with 1,000 hrs. No major repairs, just regular maintenance.
  4. offshore1

offshore1 New Member

Did you have room in the engine room for the stabilizers ?
    How do they perform ?
    Can you tell me the cost installed ?
  5. Big Tich

Big Tich New Member

How are you liking your Jeff? I am just about to make an offer on a 48 Rivanna.
  6. Asti

Asti New Member

I loved the boat. There is one problem, they have lots of wood on the structure. Mine was basically a total loss due to the keel got water inside and the inboard stringer on the port side had moisture. The bottom had some deamination. I would stay away from them. I own mine for seven years and took care of it , three years ago the bottom was sanded down to the gel coat and new barrier coat added plus new bottom pain, then the issues were discovered during the sale of the boat. Be careful!