Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Mulder Click for Westport

1986 4207 Bomar hatch screens and spot light

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by rholleman, Oct 27, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. rholleman

rholleman New Member

Would anyone have a good source for screens for the fwd and aft Bomar hatches, or a model # of those? Also need a few for the port hatches. The fwd and aft stateroom hatches are about 19" square, where the port hatches are about 23 X 6.

Also, my search/spot light not working. Looks to be a Ray-Line but I cannot get the model # off the id plate, impossible to make out the #. Anyone have that model # and a possible outlet for parts for such?

Thank you
    Roy
    Knot at Work
    1986 4207
    New Iberia, LA
  2. Maybe Knot

Maybe Knot Member

L.B. Harvey in Coral Gables Fl has all of the Ray-Line parts, but be prepared to pay dearly. In all likelihood, you will come out ahead by purchasing a new unit rather than trying to fix yours.

For instance, I have a 7" light. The previous owner either lost or broke the retaining ring for the bulb. 90.00 for what ought to be a 10.00 part. I'm still looking.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

For the screens, if you have the frames, have you considered rescreening. Either pick up screening at HD and DIY or bring it to a screen repair place (most glass places do screen also).

For the spotlight, unless it's replacing a bulb, most I've known who attempted repair found it easier and cheaper to just replace the unit.
  4. Jimmy30379

Jimmy30379 Member

When I replaced my Bromar hatch, I spoke with Brett at Carver (920-822-3214) gave me the Bromar part number of the front hatch

I then called called Bomar (603-826-5791) , I spoke with Nell at extension 203. She was very knowledgeable and friendly.

The hatch was shipped to me the next day

I hope this helps