Click for Burger Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for Abeking

1981 46' Viking convertible

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by PFalkner, Jan 4, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. PFalkner

PFalkner New Member

Just purchased 1981 46' viking conv. I am currently fixing mechanicals, 8v71t run excellent ,onan generator runs excellent but has generator issues, need to go through ac and heating . My plan is to restore boat . I need some outside hull parts not sure of the proper names but I would describe them as "port hole windows " and also looking for the covers or cowlings that protect the round vent openings on side of hull to prevent water intrusion , they look like a backwards hood scoop. Any info on where I can find these items would be of great help. I am located in Connecticut Thanks
  2. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

Get in contact with Viking parts department. They still have a lot of parts for some of these older boats.
  3. Gerald Sr.

Gerald Sr. New Member

If you get ahold of John in parts@ Viking he will spend the time to look for the older parts,they have a lot of stuff in trailers and it takes time to find what you need, has helped me out a lot
  4. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Also snoop around Greatlakes skipper.com they a lot of parts that various boat builders have use over the years. Look for the makers mark/label on your port windows to see who made them , also measure them carefully . You should be able to match up something that works if Viking can not help you out.
    The deck things are called Cowl vents or Deck shell vents. PERCO has them. Many others have them too. Not sure if you will be able to find O.E.M. ones anymore.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021