Click for Lurssen Click for Abeking Click for Abeking Click for Apollonian Click for Ocean Alexander

1981 46' Viking convertible

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by PFalkner, Jan 4, 2021.

  1. PFalkner

    PFalkner New Member

    Nov 13, 2020
    Just purchased 1981 46' viking conv. I am currently fixing mechanicals, 8v71t run excellent ,onan generator runs excellent but has generator issues, need to go through ac and heating . My plan is to restore boat . I need some outside hull parts not sure of the proper names but I would describe them as "port hole windows " and also looking for the covers or cowlings that protect the round vent openings on side of hull to prevent water intrusion , they look like a backwards hood scoop. Any info on where I can find these items would be of great help. I am located in Connecticut Thanks
  2. MBevins

    MBevins Senior Member

    May 23, 2008
    Windsor On. Canada
    Get in contact with Viking parts department. They still have a lot of parts for some of these older boats.
  3. Gerald Sr.

    Gerald Sr. New Member

    Jul 12, 2016
    Winslow nj
    If you get ahold of John in parts@ Viking he will spend the time to look for the older parts,they have a lot of stuff in trailers and it takes time to find what you need, has helped me out a lot
  4. cleanslate

    cleanslate Senior Member

    May 29, 2018
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Also snoop around Greatlakes they a lot of parts that various boat builders have use over the years. Look for the makers mark/label on your port windows to see who made them , also measure them carefully . You should be able to match up something that works if Viking can not help you out.
    The deck things are called Cowl vents or Deck shell vents. PERCO has them. Many others have them too. Not sure if you will be able to find O.E.M. ones anymore.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021